Under general supervision is responsible for providing the single point of customer contact, support or resolution of basic inquiries, requests, and problems arising from software/hardware of all supported TIS systems.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and values of Trinity Health in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
2. Addresses all customer contacts (e.g. phone, email, self-serve, voicemail and on-line access) promptly and efficiently within a specific timeframe in order to provide a defined level of service and availability to the customer. Provides initial support or escalates calls to appropriate system support teams.
3. Assists majority of customers in resolving their issue during first contact, may request assistance from Senior IS Service Desk Support. Resolves problems for various computer applications, resets passwords, activates print queues, resets printers/terminals and provides user education on all TIS supported systems and telecommunications.
4. Demonstrates an ability to understand the customer's needs through developed listening and trouble shooting skills. Conveys information in a positive, effective and clear manner in individual and group conversations.
5. Utilizes available resources as obtained through training to assist in troubleshooting issues in a call center environment. Documents issues in the call tracking system utilizing clear and concise problem descriptions.
6. Understands and follows defined departmental policies, procedures and processes in a team environment.
7. May be responsible for and familiar with provisioning and user account maintenance. Interfaces with users and appropriate personnel providing log-in ID, access, connectivity and emergency removal to applications and systems.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
1. Associate's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or vocational training and certification in computers or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
2. Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience or demonstrated ability is required.
3. At least two (2) years of experience providing basic support and understanding of IS systems, PC and/or Microsoft applications, mainframe, midrange, WAN, telecommunication and various clinical applications is preferred. An understanding of the interactions between system components is also desired.
4. Must be proficient in the use of computers in order to provide initial system telephone support service. Experience in utilizing a call-tracking tool is desired.
5. Basic knowledge of the call center environment and the importance of time management skills desired.
6. Well-developed typing/keyboard skills required (40 WPM).
7. Working knowledge of active directory, e-directory or i -Manager.
8. Must be comfortable operating in collaborative, shared leadership environments.
9. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Primary work environment is at the local site with occasional travel for vendor meetings and system training.
2. Physical activity includes sitting for long periods of time while performing primary job functions.
3. Mental activity consists of frequent detailed task performance, subjected to interruptions and changing work priorities.
4. Auditory and verbal activities necessitate the use of hearing and speech.
5. Visual activity requires ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
6. Sensory activity involves fine motor skills and manual dexterity required for operation of keyboard, mouse, telephone and printers.
7. Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!