SICE ADMINISTRATION (BL-INAD-IUBLA)
This position is part of the IU IT alignment project. As ofJun 30, 2023. it will become part of University Information Technology Services (UITS). After transition this position will continue to focus on the service and support of The Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering.
The Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering is world-renowned as an innovative leader in the teaching and research of the use of technology to solve real-world problems. We focus on what is possible and take a broad view of computing and information technology education and research. The Luddy School also prides itself on a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere in which colleagues are friends and not just co-workers, one that encourages collaboration while respecting individual ideas and expression. Creating a healthy, flexible work/life balance is critical, and our expansive benefits package provides the resources to achieve a positive, flourishing career at an ever-evolving and growing school.
The Luddy School values diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core strength and essential element in the success of its educational mission. For a full diversity statement, click here.
University Information Technology Services (UITS) provides the technology, tools, and services you need to succeed. UITS supports IU's vision for excellence in research, teaching, outreach, and lifelong learning. UITS also fosters a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a culture that champions inclusion, diversity, and overall employee well-being. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
- Provides a wide range of IT support, and consulting for faculty, staff, and students of the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering.
- Triages service requests received based on own skillset and conversations with the Mac, Linux, and Windows teams.
- Works with procurement to order, inventory, and deliver hardware.
- Handles tier 1 support needs in coordination with the rest of the IT Group.
- Helps with hardware inventory control.
- Provides technical consulting, advising, and systems analysis services for client-supported software and systems.
- Utilizing system analysis techniques and procedures, conducts research and evaluates use of existing technology solutions and their future releases, new product releases of client software, and emerging technologies, applications, andindustry trends.
- Provides advice for best practices of deployment of collaboration solutions; partners with appropriate technical staff on unique problems requiring specialized knowledge.
- Stays up-to-date on emerging technologies, trends, and best practices; makes recommendations to improve IT support processes and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with clients in resolving escalated issues.
- May provide informal and formal training to faculty staff and students on information technology.
- Adheres to documentation standards (issues, resolutions, updates/changes).
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science or related field)
WORK EXPERIENCE Preferred
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Some experience providing technical computing support to users via direct consultation, development and delivery of computing education, writing user documentation, or related experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sound understanding of network fundamentals, and understanding and application of existing industry best practices
- Knowledge and skill in recent Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with recent Microsoft Windows and Macintosh client OSes, Exchange, common email clients
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and to operate computers and other related technical equipment. The role is required to maintain and interact with computers and frequently move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$44,000 - $46,000 annuallyBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: IT User Support
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.