Position/Job Title: Junior Computer User Support Specialist
Work Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground (Edgewood), MD
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Junior Computer Support Specialist to provide the Chemical Biological Center IT Mission Support Center (ITMSC) provides above baseline/ Tier 2 concierge-like support to more than 3,000 users between 7:00 am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday by phone, email, and walk-in requests. The ITMSC encompasses support various areas of hardware, software, mobile device, networking (VPN and Citrix), system administration, cyber security, and printer support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned):
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Service Desk coverage consists of opening or closing shifts scheduled between the hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except for Federal Holidays and inclement weather and site closures.
- Ensure all calls, emails, or walk-in issues received during duty hours are responded back to the user via phone call, email, or issue ticket within Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide troubleshooting and support using automated tools and diagnostics for various hardware and software platforms including but not limited to Windows 7/10, iOS and Android, Microsoft Office Professional 2007 and 2013, McAfee HBSS and HIPS, Citrix VDI, SharePoint, and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Installation of all new computers and the relocation of computers within locations as provided. Install all computer hardware and software to ensure user is fully functional and operational without errors and preserving user's data to be transferred to the new PC.
- Update and maintain the current approved Microsoft Windows OS images and provide feedback, software, and configuration changes to the image team.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software related issues for computers, local printers, network printers and scanners, and mobile devices across unclassified and classified environments.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently to research and document issues and solutions.
- Develop, test, and implementation for new software and patches prior to release to the general user base.
- Ability to verbally or in writing communicate technical issues and solutions effectively to end users and enterprise teams.
- Provide elevated quality service and support for the mission critical systems and VIP end users.
- Add, modify, and edit in SharePoint and Active Directory records/permissions/members for computer and user objects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple enterprise teams to provide complete support to the end user.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- Associate's Degree
- Substitute for Minimum education: 1-2 years in an IT/help desk role or within customer service
- Background Investigation Requirement: National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (ANACI)
- DoDI 8140.01 and 8570.01-M
- Computing environment certification or certificate of training relevant to job duties and approved by the DEVCOM-CBC Information System Security Manager (ISSM) within 6 months of appointment
- IAT-II approved baseline certification
- Computing Environment (CE) certification within 6 months of hire (i.e.) Microsoft IT Certified Professional (ex. Windows 7 or 10)
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with Citrix, Dameware, Active Directory, Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office, iPhone, and remote desktop is preferred.
- Experience using Solarwinds Web Helpdesk.
- Experience in a high-volume call center.
- Experience working in Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements:
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.