** This requisition represents multiple Kitchen Helper I openings within the department. By applying to this requisition, you will have the opportunity to be considered for all available Kitchen Helper I openings within this department. You will have the opportunity to indicate your preferences of location(s) and shift(s) during the application process. **
University Housing & Dining is seeking multiple Kitchen Helper I positions to join the team at a variety of locations. Under direct supervision, this position will perform routine cleaning duties in an efficient, effective, and sanitary manner in the food service areas.
Primary functional duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Scraping, sorting, stacking and scrubbing pots, pans, dishes, utensils, etc. in preparation for dishwashing machine.
- Performing cleaning duties including mopping, sweeping, vacuuming and general cleaning.
- Operating and maintaining pot & pan/dishwashing machines and areas in an efficient, effective and sanitary manner.
- Supplying necessary areas with clean dishes and utensils.
University Dining is currently offering a $2,000 recruitment bonus
for new external Kitchen Helper I hires which is paid on the first monthly paycheck after 30 days of employment. Current UI employees are not eligible.
University Dining's goal at Iowa is to provide wholesome, healthy, and tasty foods prepared daily to meet the dietary and nutritional needs of our students. Our staff is committed to providing sustainable products and services that protect our natural resources. When possible, we purchase locally grown and sustainable foods from our vendors. Our dining areas are vibrant, dynamic places to work and to eat.
Possible Shifts for these openings include:
- 6:30am to 3:00pm (may occasionally work other 8 hour shifts between 6:00am and 9:30pm as needed).
- 10:00am to 6:30pm (may occasionally work other 8 hours shifts as needed).
- 12:00pm to 8:30pm (may occasionally work other 8 hours shifts between 6:00am and 9:30pm as needed).
- 12:30pm to 9:00pm (may occasionally work other 8 hours shifts between 6:00am and 9:30pm as needed).
- 2:00pm to 10:30pm (may occasionally work other 8 hours shifts as needed).
Possible locations for these openings include:
About the Division of Student Life:
- Burge Market Place
- Catlett Market Place
- Hillcrest Market Place
- Campus Dining Operations/University Catering
- Dining Retail Locations
The Division of Student Life is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 14 departments that span from Recreation Services to the office of Leadership, Service and Civic Engagement and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. One of our division priorities is to advance UI's goals to recruit and retain U.S. racial/ethnic minority (URM) staff and students.Qualifications:
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- One year of continuous employment.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience working in a diverse environment.
- Six months' experience working as a laborer.
- Interest in and the ability to learn basic computer and keyboarding skills; including the ability to access and draft email correspondence and the ability to manage electronic time accruals and personal absence requests. Previous experience is highly desired.
- Applicants may upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission for consideration.
This posting is for multiple openings and will be posted for 90 calendar days. At the end of the 90-day posting period, candidates may reapply to be considered for additional openings. Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions, contact Esther Kalonji at Esther-Kalonji@uiowa.edu.
- Classification Title: Kitchen Helper I
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
- Pay Level: 03
- Starting Salary Minimum: 33280.00
This job has expired.
- Organization: Student Life
- Contact Name: Esther Kalonji
- Contact Email: Esther-Kalonji@uiowa.edu