Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,500 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, is comprised of 11 laboratories servicing air, water, soil, tobacco, cannabis, and toxicity testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance.
Our San Diego, CA is currently seeking a Full-Time Laboratory Technician to join our team.
As a key member of the laboratory team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Preparation of samples for analysis
- Conduct of a variety of bioassays
- Sample receipt and processing
- Organism culture maintenance
- Determining the target volume and mixture of samples
- Cleaning of laboratory glassware
- Maintaining clean laboratory areas
- Maintaining organized records of sample preparation and analysis
- Assist with sample organization and disposal
- Assisting the Group Leaders and analysts in acquiring and inventorying consumables, chemicals, and parts for instrumentation
- Comply with Enthalpy's Quality Assurance Program and other policies
- Comply with Enthalpy's Health and Safety Plan
- Other duties as assigned by the Group Leader or Lab Director
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, or related field preferred
- 2 years of relevant lab experience allows direct advancement to Tech II (academic lab counts)
- Prior Laboratory experience preferred but not required as this is an entry level position
- Knowledge of analytical method, analytical instruments, general lab practices and lab safety
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Good organizational skills and strong communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.