Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma Inc and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM's intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms -- both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell-based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Massachusetts.
Astellas is announcing a Laboratory Assistant I opportunity at their Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) site in Westborough, MA.
The primary purpose of the Laboratory Assistant I is to support lab operations for the Astellas Institute for Regenerative Medicine. Working closely with the Lab Operations Manager and the research staff, this person will help deliver training, execute projects, purchase and maintain lab equipment and supplies.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Collaborate and provide support to the Technical Operations and the Research teams to ensure seamless day-to-day laboratory operations, including general lab cleaning/organization
* Assist in the development and writing of SOPs as needed, and design and deliver trainings against the SOPs where needed
* Contribute to the creation and execution of plans to improve laboratory operations
* Maintains instrumentation and ensures proper operation. Communicates with instrument companies and schedules service as needed
* Promotes laboratory safety through oversight of operations and delivery of training
* Assists with all freezer/nitrogen tank upkeep, maintaining compliance control, chemical storage and disposal
* Assists with upkeep of glassware maintenance, autoclaving
* Coordinate with third party lab service vendors as appropriate
* Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
* This position reports to the AIRM Laboratory Operations Manager
* Works closely with Research and Tech Ops personnel to support laboratory function and operations
* Works closely with general office administration for vendor management, invoicing and administration
* This position has no direct reports
* High school diploma/GED equivalency
* Ability to collaborate with external partners across multiple scientific disciplines
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Highly developed organizational and communication skills
* Able to maintain a clean, neat, and safe lab environment
* Possesses a positive, can-do attitude and creatively solves problems
* Proficient in MS Office Suite
* Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or related field
* 1-2 years prior experience in a clinical medical setting or laboratory experience
* Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques (e.g., pipetting, sterile technique, solution preparation, etc.)
* Cell culture experience
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!