GPI Geospatial offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI Geospatial is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
GPI Geospatial is seeking a Land Surveying - Crew Chief for our Charlotte, NC offices.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI Geospatial wants you!
GPI Geospatial is a premier mapping firm for Transportation, Energy, Planning, Design, Construction, and Land Development throughout North America. Our vision is to be the most trusted provider of precision mapping, imagery, LiDAR, and land surveying services. We are part of GPI, a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News-Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Ability to work independently as well as with crew members conducting field survey work relating to boundary surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title surveys, topographic surveys, photo control surveys, route surveys, and construction stakeouts
- Responsible for the efficient operation of assigned field crew while following the companies health and safety standards
- Capable of operating robotic equipment and GPS receivers to accurately collect relevant data and information
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-8 years' survey crew chief experience
- Skilled in the use of GPS devices, data collectors, and/or Total Station
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of land surveying
- Understanding of the principles, practices, and instruments used in computer-aided drafting
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices and construction specifications, plans, and regulations related to construction
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and directions given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails, and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds