MV Transportation is seeking a Lead Dispatcher to provide direction to and maintain two-way communications with all operators while monitoring system performance and making scheduling adjustments where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer wait times for on-call or will-call services, minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle/operator availability and/or emergency situations. This is the senior non-exempt dispatcher position and includes supervisory duties.
- On-Time Performance meets contract requirement.
- Minimal dispatch related customer complaints.
- Telephone hold time minimized and within contract requirements.
- Emergency situations handled according to local policy and with proper notification and documentation Maintain scheduling and performance data in the event of real-time operations.
- Provide assistance to operators in the event of emergency or vehicle malfunctions, communicating with operations, safety and maintenance staff where appropriate.
- Reschedule trips as necessary in the event of vehicle malfunction, traffic, or emergency situations.
- Assign will-call and same day trips to available and appropriate vehicles in order to ensure on-time performance, minimize wait and ride times, and to maintain system productivity.
- Reconcile trip manifests and fares collected by operators upon check-in.
- Provide assistance to passengers in using the service as well as when inquiring about individual trip status.
- Document accurately and appropriately daily events related to service.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Communicate effectively with operations staff regarding scheduling or passenger issues.
- Open and/or close facility depending upon work shift.
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Maintain attendance within policy.
- Oversee supervisor calls and provide direction as needed.
- Assist with same day reschedules ensuring productive runs.
- Review and answer complaints pertaining to dispatch or dispatch events.
- Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain two-way communication with operators, providing information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance where necessary.
- Monitor operators and trip status, adjusting and reassignments as necessary to ensure on time performance.
- Accurate and consistent documentation of daily items including operator attendance, passenger and scheduling issues, vehicle problems, emergency situations and other daily events or disruptions.
- Spare vehicles effectively used to ensure vehicle availability for preventive maintenance program.
- Answer passenger calls collecting all necessary trip information, accessing same day dispatch data to convey accurate arrival times and pick up locations to passengers.
- Provide system information for current and new passengers as well as for potential passengers on accessing the transportation service and using it effectively.
- Provide feedback to passengers in the way of follow-up calls as a course of duty or as required by schedule changes.
- Communicate passenger cancellations in a timely manner to scheduling, dispatch, or vehicle operations personnel.
- Maintain up to date passenger records in customer database, making all necessary changes in status, client contact information, fare/rider type or other important field entries.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
- Excellent customer service.
- Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Paratransit scheduling utilizing Trapeze PASS.
- Possess excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Telephone speaking and or call center experience.
- Computer experience.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.