Sign-on Bonus Eligible - $8,000
Come and join this great team and be an effective resource and Team Lead for the Hema/Coag/UA. Trinity Health Of New England is looking for an experienced Lead Medical Technologist to join our team of mission-driven healthcare innovators located on the Saint Mary's Hospital campus in Waterbury, CT. Our vision is to provide state-of-the-art healthcare to those within our local communities, creating a positive impact for each individual that walks through our doors. This person is responsible for providing highly skilled analysis of blood, fluids, and tissue samples. As well as overseeing the clinical section and shifts in technical and administrative matters.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health of New England:
• Become a valued member of an excellent, dedicated health care team
• Opportunity to mentor medical laboratory scientist students
• Continuing education opportunities spanning all laboratory disciplines
• Competitive Benefits Package, Sign-on Bonus eligible
• Generous shift differentials
You Will Be Responsible For:
What you will need:
Exceptional Patient Care: Contributes to the overall quality of care through accurate, complex analysis of lab specimens that impact the patient.
Excellent Communicator: Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with administrators, colleagues, and physicians.
Strong Educator: Provide education and guidance to Laboratory staff.
Technical Familiarity: Understanding in the operation/maintenance of Lab equipment, computer-based applications (email, and standard applications such as Microsoft Office).
Active Teamwork: Demonstrates problem solving, conflict resolution, and positive communication through teamwork.
About Trinity Health Of New England:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology with at least 6 years laboratory experience including leadership roles (i.e. Instrument validations, CAP inspections, QC review, Procedure writing).
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge in the use of information system
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with patients, staff and outside providers
- Ability to comprehend knowledge of regulatory issues
- Certification by national accrediting agency
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute care. We aim to deliver top level care to increase our community's overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do so.
Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick time, and professional advancement just to name a few.
Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to each hospital.Learn more, apply today!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.