Lead, Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Dallas, or Remote, US
**This role doesn't provide sponsorship.
The Quality Assurance Lead, leads and develops QA analysts and specialists, providing a broad range of QA services for our MSP and VMS product development projects, implementing QA automation tools and processes, and ensuring objective evaluation and reporting of quality metrics on new or revised systems.
- Evaluates, selects, and implements various QA methods, tools, and other resources which includes the QA test lab environment, automation and performance testing tools, defect tracking system, templates and standards for test plan and test case development, and other methods and procedures.
- Works closely with Project Managers, contractor teams, and other IT department resources to integrate QA resources and QA processes within system projects.
- Consolidates QA plan, schedule, staffing requirements to ensure adequate resources to support development project schedules.
- Maintains access to a pool of contract resources as needed to satisfy resource spikes.
- Establishes substantial quality metrics and regularly report on these metrics.
- Designs and develops appropriate test plans and publish test reports as needed.
- Understands and applies managerial concepts and techniques such as work planning, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating.
- Identifies appropriate resources for project; defines work plans and results, schedules assignments, and reviews and evaluates work product.
- Provides technical direction and mentorship to work team and works independently on large, sophisticated projects.
- Leads life cycle of projects for large-scale initiatives across multiple departments including needs analysis, design, testing, implementation and ongoing evaluation.
Minimum Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree | Preferred
- 10yrs of Proven experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Must have automation experience in a C# environment using Selenium, SQL, JMeter/Blaze Meter, Postman, etc.
- 2+ years lead responsibility for QA department of comparable size, providing QA services for both Win32 and Web applications for midsize corporation.
- Experience with developing and performing quality assurance test scripts, test plans, and checklists.
- Hands-on experience with both manual and automation testing.
- Experience in Regression testing, Smoke testing, Performance testing, Black-box testing, etc.
- Experience in bug fixing and code review.
- Proficiency in programming languages.
- Experience in manual testing.
- Familiarity with Agile & DevOps methodologies.
- Excellent reporting, time management, analytical & communication capabilities.
- Proven experience in QA Automation using Selenium, having experience with Tosca would be a plus.
- Job is typically performed in a general office environment.
Our Core ValuesRespect • Passion • Continuous Improvement • Trust • Customer Focus • Innovation AMN's Commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
- Sitting: Remaining in a normal seated position.
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work.
- Hearing: Receiving detailed information through verbal communication.
- Vision: Clarity of vision at near or far distances.
At AMN, our diversity, equality, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek diverse perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. We have the opportunity to influence each other, our industry, and our communities by fostering a diverse team with a passion for social justice and equity. We are committed actively engaging in building an organization and society where equality is the norm, equity is achieved, and inclusion is universal so that we may all thrive.
$100,000.00 - $119,000.00Pay Rate
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.