LPN - Internal Medicine - Valatie, NY - Per Diem
If you are looking for an LPN position in an Internal Medicine Office, on an as needed basis, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places. This position is located at 1301 River Street Valatie.
What you will do:
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Work/Life: Monday - Friday, Office Hours
administers nursing care to patients under the direction of a Registered Professional. Assists with treatments and procedures and carries out selected duties within the framework of the established nursing plan of care. Complies with established nursing policies, procedures and standards to provide safe, quality care to patients.Responsibilities:
What you will need:
- Consistently takes accurate vital signs.
- Accurately collects routine patient data per protocols and/or as directed by the clinical supervisor.
- Consistently recognizes high-risk situations and reports them appropriately.
- Confers with the clinical supervisor routinely concerning the plan of care.
- Makes suggestions as to referrals to other disciplines.
- Fulfills protocols or clinical guidelines in establishing workflow priorities.
- Consistently demonstrates acceptable technical skills in providing care.
- Consistently follows standards of care, established protocols, or clinical guidelines in providing patient care.
- Consistently follows infection control policies in administering care.
- Consistently provides patient care in consideration of age related requirements.
- Consistently reinforces patient and family teaching.
- Administers medications safely in accordance with relevant unit policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately transcribe physician orders.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of computer skills relevant to the care area.
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility with assignments.
- Functions as a team member in carrying out assignments.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- A current license to practice as a Practical Nurse in the State of New York
- Graduate of accredited school of Practical Nursing.
- High School diploma / GED required
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.