12 Hour Night Shift
LPN (Long-Term Care) - Eddy Village Green - Cohoes, NY
If you are looking for a LPN position in skilled nursing, to meet a part time schedule working nights, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places.
This is a 192 bed skilled nursing facility providing care in a non-traditional way through 16 twelve-bed houses. Greenhouse is a pioneering effort in long-term care bringing control back to the elders that live in the houses by honoring their lifelong routines and preferences. In addition to the culture change in care delivery there is also a relationship shift between nurses and the C.N.A's that manage the individual houses.
What you will do:
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, tuition assistance and career development
Work/Life: Looking for two (2) shifts a week over nights with 12 hour shifts!
Unique Facility Model: Largest in the nation of the Greenhouse Model and only a few within the Northeast to adapt this model of care. Like going to your grandparent's home!
Team environment: Work closely with your peers to bring great quality care
No mandating: Team does not mandate their nursing staff
Close to home: Location that is an easy commute from Albany, Latham, Troy and Clifton Park!
- Administers nursing care to residents under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse. Assists with treatments and procedures and carries out selected duties within the framework of the established nursing plan of care
What you will need:Required:
- In collaboration with the RN collects data about residents and determines priorities is resident care based upon identified needs and goals.
- Contributes to the plan of care through collaboration and effective communication with the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Under the direction of the RN and within the scope of practice, complies with established nursing policies, procedures and standards to provide safe, quality care to residents.
- Administers medications and monitors IV therapy as ordered and according to established policies and standards.
- Provides emotional support to residents and their families
- Will go between houses on campus to provide care and pass medications to residents
- A current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of New York
- 6 month of experience or more as a LPN
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 1 year of experience or more working in a skilled nursing facility
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service while completing day to day duties and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast pace work environment
- Ability to engage within a team setting
- Passion to learn, grow and develop in the nursing field
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.