***$5,000 sign on bonus***
Great opportunity for LPN or RN
Work out of Holy Cross Hospital Silver Spring, MD
Provide one-to-one, compassionate care and love your job
Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice provides compassionate, exceptional care where people are most comfortable: at home. We are the area's most comprehensive home care provider with trusted quality of care. With new strategy, vision and technology, we are growing and shaping the future of healthcare!
We have a pioneering care model with Home Care Connect, our integrated virtual care program that helps patients avoid preventable ER visits and hospitalizations. It enhances our clinical excellence with advanced, easy-to-use remote monitoring technology and 24/7 access to our Virtual Care Center RNs.
Liaison Clinical Home Care Coordinator position summary
Responsible for: the efficient and effective facilitation of referrals to the post-acute homecare/hospice agency once identified in the acute care setting; the provision of education to acute care staff, including physicians, regarding services available from homecare/hospice; and may also be involved in business development activities as they relate to business expansion or new program development.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, coverage requirements, the Organizational Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as agency policies and procedures and adheres in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Maintains daily contact with case managers/discharge planners and units to offer assistance and assure that patients referred for services are followed up on in a timely and efficient manner.
- Interacts with healthcare team members to answer any questions related to homecare/hospice and community based services as they plan for patient discharges from the acute care setting.
- Coordinates care for clients going home from the hospital who have chosen the agency's services.
- Utilizes interview, observation and evaluation in assessing clients and applies clinical judgment, consistent with practice standards, in determining appropriate home care services and making recommendations to the physician and client.
- Interacts with healthcare team members, clients and their families to answer additional questions regarding homecare/hospice services being requested. Provides client and family with written and/or verbal information as appropriate.
- Makes appropriate referrals for evaluation/care to other services as needed, and coordinates care with others to ensure effective and efficient care is provided.
- Sends client information to intake at agency, either electronically or manually.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance - effective Day 1
- Short and long-term disability
- 403b retirement with matching contribution
- Generous paid time off PLUS 7 paid holidays
- Comprehensive orientation
- Tuition reimbursement
About Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice
- Graduate of an approved clinical education program.
- Current clinical license in the state of Maryland.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years' experience of professional clinical experience in an acute care setting, a minimum of two (2) years' experience of professional clinical experience in a home care setting, or 2 years' experience in a sales or marketing role
- Must have current Driver's license and reliable transportation to and from work site.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate a commitment to the mission and Organizational Code of Ethics and adhere to the Compliance Program.
Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice is a member of Trinity Health At Home, a national home care, palliative care and hospice organization serving communities in twelve states. Since 1967, Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice has served Montgomery, Howard and Prince George's counties as a comprehensive, trusted provider of home care and end-of-life care in the sacred place that people call home. A Catholic-based, non-profit organization, we serve patients and their loved ones with home care (skilled nursing, physical/occupational and speech therapy and medical social work), palliative care, hospice and bereavement services. Our legacy continues with a pioneering, future-thinking care model. We blend clinical expertise with our exclusive Home Care Connect™ virtual care program to help patients achieve their health goals. We have energizing new vision, strategy and leadership. Join us and shape the future of healthcare!
Apply now!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.