LPN (skilled nursing) - Our Lady on Mercy Life Center - Guilderland, NY
If you are looking for a LPN position in skilled nursing, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places. The site is willing to start as a graduate practical nurse.
Our Lady of Mercy Life Center is committed to providing quality services with the outstanding compassion for which St. Peter's is renowned. Our well-trained staff's devotion to our residents leads to better outcomes and higher ratings in resident and family satisfaction surveys.
Divided into four units of 40 residents each, four private rooms and 18 semiprivate rooms, Our Lady strives to maintain the intimacy of a homelike setting. To help foster a sense of community and friendship among the residents, each unit has its own distinctively decorated dining room.
What you will do:
Top Class Care: Facility ranked in Newsweek's Top Nursing Homes for 2019 and 2020 reaching #41 in New York State
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, tuition assistance and career development
Work/Life: Leadership team tries to be as accommodating with schedule as possible
Flexible schedule: Work schedule has some flexibility as team understand real world hurdles, but looking for 3pm-11:30pm 40 hours a week
Team engagement: Leadership team engaged on the floor and utilizes team suggestions for innovative decision making
No mandating: Team does not mandate their nursing staff
Close to home: Location that is an easy commute from Schenectady, Rotterdam, Albany and Latham
- Administers nursing care to residents under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse. Assists with treatments and procedures and carries out selected duties within the framework of the established nursing plan of care
What you will need:Required:
- In collaboration with the RN collects data about residents and determines priorities is resident care based upon identified needs and goals.
- Contributes to the plan of care through collaboration and effective communication with the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Under the direction of the RN and within the scope of practice, complies with established nursing policies, procedures and standards to provide safe, quality care to residents.
- Administers medications and monitors IV therapy as ordered and according to established policies and standards.
- Provides emotional support to residents and their families
- A current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of New York
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 1 year of experience or more as a LPN, but willing to help train the right candidate to further their skills
- 1 year of experience or more working in a skilled nursing facility
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service while completing day to day duties and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast pace work environment
- Ability to engage within a team setting
- Passion to learn, grow and develop in the nursing field
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.