LPN (Long-Term Care) - Eddy SeniorCare Provincial House - Latham, NY
If you are looking for a LPN position, to meet your schedule as full time working nights, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places.
Eddy SeniorCare is an exciting, innovative model of care for seniors, located at 385 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Latham. Our Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly is located within Provincial House. We provide a team-based model of care including a physician, RNs, LPNs, Home Health Aides, physical/occupation/speech therapists, a day center team, and more! Currently most of our patients reside at the Sisters of St. Joseph; we also care for patients in the surrounding community.
What you will do:
Future of health care: Keep patients in their homes and out of the hospital setting
Unique Model: Combining long-term care and home care together
Commitment to safety: Through Trinity Health's distribution network, the team has never ran out of PPE and has increased their safety training in the face of COVID
Supportive environment: Strong orientation program to insure you are ready to be on the floor with low turnover amongst the nursing team
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Work/Life: Work schedule has some flexibility either 8 or 10 hour night shifts
Growing team: New Latham location with the merger of Provincial House
Close to home: Easy commute from Colonie, Latham and Clifton Park
- Administers nursing care to residents under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse. Assists with treatments and procedures and carries out selected duties within the framework of the established nursing plan of care
What you will need:Required:
- Work under the direction of a RN Supervisor
- Responsible to provide nursing services including but not limited to medication administration, wound care, diabetic finger sticks
- Work closely with Home Health Aides to provide care to patients
- Provide direct care to participants
- A current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of New York
- Prior direct care experience
- Licensed Practical Nurses must possess valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or achieve BLS certification within 90 days of starting via on site education
- Valid Driver License and reliable vehicle are required
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 1 or more year of experience as a LPN
- Licensed Practical Nurses at Eddy SeniorCare must possess a passion for caring for seniors and demonstrate a respectful, caring, professional demeanor
- The LPN must have strong time management and organizational skills
- The LPN must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.