Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We're looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
About LPS Projects Group
The Lifecycle Performance Services division was started in 2018 to serve our customer's needs throughout their facility's lifecycle. We provide warranty, maintenance, system assessment, tech support, spare parts, and retrofit services to a wide range of companies in the logistics and warehouse distribution/fulfillment industries.
The LPS Projects Group focuses on system optimization, additions, retrofits, and upgrades to our customer's conveyor systems. We specialize in a wide range of equipment types such as automated sorters, singulators, gappers, extendable conveyors, and transport conveyors. Our projects range in size from small equipment swap outs to complete subsystem installs.
The Electrical Project Engineer is part of a cross-discipline project team, responsible for the successful and on time completion of conveyor upgrade and system integration projects. They work closely with project managers, mechanical engineers, installation teams, permit specialists, and various support roles.
The Electrical Project Engineer II is responsible for the successful execution of all tasks related to electrical and controls engineering on a project. The role includes but is not limited to: management of an engineering schedule, concept design, equipment and material selection, creating material requisitions, creation of installation drawings, field support, project documentation, program development, commissioning, and overall adherence to customer and governing agency specifications. The Electrical Project Engineer II will, in most cases, be working closely with designer(s) and at the direction of a Engineering Manager to support collaboratively in these efforts.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of customer's design standards and specifications.
- Develop an engineering plan, resource requirement and schedule that supports the overall project scope and schedule.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of project designs and drawings per project scope. Transmit to customers and vendors.
- Compile material requirements and requisition electrical components and project materials.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of PLC, HMI/GDU, and SCADA programs per project scope.
- Collect, compile, and submit project start-up and as-built documentation and programs.
- Provide technical interface with customer's project representative(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- PLC and GDU/HMI/SCADA experience in academia or professionally
- Willingness to travel 60-80%, including working weekends and overtime
- Material handling industry experience preferred
- Skills in AutoCAD, MS Office suite and MS Project
- Knowledgeable of electrical and controls engineering theories and principles
At MHS Integrity and diversity are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values: doing what's right, respecting others, and performing with excellence. We deliver innovative, affordable solutions to the automated material handling industry and incomparable customer value by embracing our employees' unique talents, skills, and abilities. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, motivated, and ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.