ABOUT US: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
CULTURE: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: LifeMoves is seeking an experienced human services professional to assist with the delivery of high quality shelter based services to homeless male individuals in Santa Clara County. Position requires excellent all-around communication skills (electronically, face to face, presentations, with clients, staff and the community which LifeMoves serves) a background working with multidisciplinary medical & social work team, an understanding of conflict resolution techniques, and an eye for detail. The work environment is fast paced and the LVN must be flexible in their approach to the many facets of the role. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of the issues related to homelessness, physical and mental health, co-occurring disorders and marginalized populations.
- Completes case management assessment on all Veteran Medical Respite residents
- Develops, implements and revises individual case plans and consistently monitors progress toward client goals
- Provide on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the case/treatment plan
- Communicate regularly with the Veteran's Administration medical professionals, social workers, and family members, regarding client's treatment progress, etc., when appropriate
- Assists Veterans to gain access to public and Veteran benefits in accordance with treatment plans
- Works with supervisory assistance to evaluate possible courses decisions regarding client status and makes decisions where there is no opportunity to seek supervisory assistance.
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals specific to respite services, work readiness and housing readiness
- Maintains Veteran and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School
- Current appropriate State licensure (LVN)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to collaborate with community partners
- Understanding of the issues faced by homeless individuals and other marginalized populations in crisis
- Experience working with mentally ill and dually diagnosed clients highly desirable
- Bi-lingual Spanish language capabilities a plus
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)