Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
Oversees blow-molding machine that automatically forms plastic containers. Observes continuous operation of molding
machine and conveyor of product to ensure correct operation.
Corrects malfunctions and notifies supervisor, mold-set technician, or maintenance of abnormal or unusual problems
Keeps records and logs associated with production. May adjust controls or may program machine console to produce molded
plastic containers according to specifications.
Performs checks to keep machine operating effectively.
Handles and inspects finished product for defects, and takes corrective action. Ensures trim and flash are removed and
directed towards regrind.
High school diploma or general education degree; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of an average employee on the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read production schedules and product specifications. Performs initial setup on all molding machines including,
resin changes and mold insert/tag changes according to schedule requirements.
• Start machines by setting controls according to design configuration and process sheets.
• Performs first good part procedure.
• Keeps all tooling clean and organized, notifies supervisor of any damage.
• Stops equipment and clears jams.
• Helps train new machine operators.
• Observes and listens to detect common equipment malfunction and takes corrective
actions. (E.G. perform minor repair or adjustment, contacts supervisor)
• Troubleshoots hydraulic pneumatics, and electrical systems.
• Records all data such as weight, regrind percentages, color, material type, insert/tag, machine cycle time, pressure,
and temperature on process sheets and set-up sheets.
• Keeps blow mold room clean and organized.
• Keeps informed of the latest OSHA and related safety procedures for operation of
equipment within the department.
• Ensures that all non-conforming parts are identified, isolated, quarantined, and that hold tickets are issued.
Participates in corrective action for all held products.
• Keeps all material and product handling equipment clean and assures that all work stations are clean and organized.
• Covers opposite shift vacations.
• Relieves personnel for breaks as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment.
• Upholds Site and Corporate Environmental Policies by following all Environmental Policies, Procedures and Work
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance of "Food Product Safety" & "Product Quality" of the molded product, to
meet the expectation of our customers.
• Understands and follows Hazard Materials Regulations 49 CFR Part 172.704 (a)(1) General
awareness/familiarization training, (a)(3) Safety training, and (a)(4) Security awareness training