At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is a global leader in online payments and democratization of financial services, providing payment solutions for hundreds of millions of customers all over the world.
As Data Scientists in PayPal's Global Analytics and Data Science organization, you will have an impact on PayPal's marketing and product all around the world. Our data scientists work to better understand our end-users, identify opportunities and improve our products and marketing outreach by creating personal and smart experiences. Making use of PayPal's endless amount of data, you will leverage your data and machine learning skills, for research and delivery of end-to-end Data Science solutions.
If you are an experienced Data Scientist with sharp analytical skills and a passion for deriving new insights from unimaginable amounts of data, solving unique challenges, leveraging machine learning algorithms, and working in a highly collaborative, values-driven environment - then PayPal's Global Analytics and Data Sciences (GADS) is looking for you.
We are looking for an exceptional data science professional to join this highly visible team. This person will drive large-scale impact for the business from week one and as such must have a well-rounded skill set including an excellent quantitative background, keen business acumen, and strong leadership traits.
What You Will Do:
- Provide holistic recommendations for segment level Pricing & FX optimizations that can drive meaningful financial benefit for PayPal without jeopardizing customer experience
- Perform deep-dive analytics & ML including Causal Inference analysis, Pre-Post analysis, Sensitivity analysis, Financial projections, and additional ad-hoc exercises
- Develop business-friendly reporting tools and dashboards to monitor overall pricing hygiene, analyze portfolio trends, and flag any opportunities or issues
- Play a crucial role in collaboration with our partners in finance to ensure transparency and alignment of data, views, and metrics
- Develop financial models to articulate the value of new initiatives, changes to existing initiatives, and process improvements.
- Be a thought leader in the Pricing-FX Analytics & ML space for new forms of analysis and model techniques that drive performance-improving changes
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$96900 to $234300
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.