Job ID: 259001
Northfield, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This full-time position is responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of production equipment, mobile equipment, and the facility. The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge and experience of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on the equipment as needed and overhaul the equipment when necessary
- Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications
- Troubleshoot and determine appropriate repairs, replace defective parts as needed, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools and examining form and texture of parts
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- At least 3 years experience in Maintenance in an industrial plant
- Ability to work with the production department to ensure timely repair of equipment is essential
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Basic understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to understand and work from mechanical and electrical drawings/prints
- Experience with PLC systems and frequency drives
- Some welding and pipe fitting experience necessary
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Knowledge of maintenance programs is a plus
- Universal maintenance experience (well rounded)
- Strong on motor control and variable frequency drives (VFD's)
- Knowledge of control circuit wiring 24VDC is a plus
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Northfield, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 2, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
Maintenance Mechanic, Mechanic, Maintenance, Hydraulics, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering