The primary objective of the Maintenance Planner is to improve the efficiency and productivity of the workforce, service companies, and contractors.This will be accomplished by providing the employees with detailed job plans, including technical specifications, machinery history, parts and tools lists, and safety procedures in a very organized fashion.The Maintenance Planner is also responsible for providing all the necessary information to ensure that all work is completed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner, and in compliance with environmental requirements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for the preparation of all planned maintenance activities to be executed by Hunter employees, service companies, or contractors.In that role, the Planner will work closely with the Maintenance Staff team on the following tasks and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-day preparation and job planning:
- Improve the content and quality of information on work orders
- Add pertinent information to the Work Package as required helping ensure the comprehension of the package material by the execution team
- Clearly define the scope of work to be performed
- Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled equipment downtime
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, as well as equipment downtime and work-hours required
- Determine and document in a list all the safety procedures associated with the work to be performed
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the supervisor and team
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order
- Ensure that once a job is completed, the work order (WO) is filled out properly and that meaningful information is entered into the machinery history file
- Order all non-stock parts and materials as required by the job procedure
- Inform theMechanical Supervisor when a job is ready for scheduling
- Establish and maintain, with the supervisors and theWarehouse a system for proper storage of pre-work and parts for pending work
- Work with theWarehouse Supervisor to review and update parts min-max levels and to develop and maintain the equipment parts catalogue
- Responsible for the process improvement and maintenance of the equipment files and history (paper and electronic)
- Review all existing master job procedures on a regular basis and ensure that they are up to date and contain all pertinent information
- Ensure that the inventory and sources of spare parts are consistent with standards, plant equipment reliability, and economic constraints.S/He will also ensure materials and parts conformity upon receipt
- Must be a subject matter expert of the JDE PD910. The Planner must have full functional knowledge of the work order tracking system, spare parts catalogue, procurement punch out, requisitioning, and inventory systems as well as knowledge of the modern software packages available such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project Scheduler, etc.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager and Reliability Engineer with the preparation and control of the annual budget
- Participate in the Maintenance Supervisor On-Call Program
- Participate in the daily work order review and weekly scheduling meeting.
- Participate in the development of the major maintenance jobs
- Keep the Bill of Materials up to date for all equipment
- Maintain the drawing office and technical library including catalogue of documents, manuals and drawings
- Develop procedures for every WO by providing the employees with detailed job plans, including technical specifications, drawings, relevant information from the manuals, machinery history, parts and tools lists, and safety procedures in a very organized fashion.
- Provide parts list with stock numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling
- Arrange the purchase of non-stock parts for the completion of jobs as well as be aware of the available stock parts.Maintain current the Equipment Parts Catalogue on each piece of existing equipment and develop parts lists for new equipment installations
- Write job scopes and bid documents [Request for proposal (RFP)] for contract services, and represent Maintenance in the bid process along with Procurement and other personnel
- Improve and maintain the equipment files and history (paper and electronic)
- Plan all major turnarounds of all equipment throughout the year
- Assist the Maintenance Manager and Reliability Engineer in the development of the yearly department budget and control of it once approved
- Lead in the utilization of Oracle-R12 and Scheduling software in accordance with best practices
Technical Skills Global
- Bachelor's degree in a related field strongly preferred.Technical/vocational/ trade school and/or significant experience in the cement industry will be considered in lieu of degree with demonstrated skills in the use of computers and other aspects relevant to this position.A degree is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Local Safety regulations and procedures
- Cement production process
- Equipment technology
- Strong computer knowledge, Oracle R-12, Microsoft Projects, Viziya, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess the ability to learn through formal training and work related experiencesMechanical
- Cement and/or Heavy industry parts experience
- Knowledge of mechanical repairs and procedures for all cement equipment
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design [AutoCAD]Personal Skills
- Results driven (reliability, cost)
- Ability to plan or arrange work on a continual basis including break-ins and emergencies
- Ability to prioritize work orders and manage priorities
- Ability to interact with plant personnel at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Willingness to work extended hours, even weekends and holidays, if required
- Ability to strategize in ambiguous situations
- Strong computer skills such as fluency in the use of JDE, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Ability to successfully negotiate with vendorsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hrs.), stand, stoop, and bend
- Walk on all types of surfaces (uneven and/or slippery ground)
- Climb stairs and ladders as high as 200 feet in elevation
- Physical ability to climb on equipment to provide supervision as needed
- Able to walk long distances, climb ladders, stairs and stockpiles, stoop and crawl under and into enclosed spaces
- Must be able to clearly see and hear safety indicators and warnings
- Must work in all weather conditions, heat, cold, wet, dry, and/or dusty conditions, and near hot kiln process
- Tolerate exposure to all levels of noise that will require the use of hearing protection
- Tolerate potential exposure to cement, clay, limestone, various lab chemicals, and fuels.See MSDSs for more details.
Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments.Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights..May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS's) DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This job has expired.