Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Pay rate: $16.00/hr
You will be required to work two (2) nights per week and weekends
Maintenance Man assists Maintenance Supervisor in the tasks listed below:
Responsible for the proper functioning of all units, as well as all common areas. Responsible for implementing a deferred maintenance program to reduce required emergency repairs. Duties to include minor electrical, mechanical and plumbing repair. Responsible for pinpointing problem areas, determining extent of repair effort and conveying to General Manager extent of repair needs. Responsible for replacing such items as light bulbs and air filters. Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies for job assignments.
- Performs necessary activities including but not limited to painting, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and general maintenance of units and equipment.
- Reports problems exceeding employee's ability to supervisor immediately.
- Duties will include:
1. Re-keys, replaces and repairs door locks as required.
2. Makes minor repairs to toilets, sinks, laundry rooms, sump pumps, faucets and showers as necessary.
3. Repairs or replaces stove burners as needed.
4. Repairs or replaces exhaust fans as needed.
5. Replaces switches, plugs, circuit breakers and light fixtures as needed.
6. Replaces light bulbs and heating and air conditioning filters when needed.
7. Provides minor repair to door and gate hinges.
8. Oils and lubricates motors as needed.
9. Replaces fan belts on motors as needed.
10. Orders repair and replacement material as needed.
11. Performs other duties as required.
12. Participate in all required health and safety meetings/classes.
13. Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
14. Works weekends and holidays.
15. Follow all rules and regulations set forth in the latest employee handbook.
16. Perform any other various duties that may be assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor.Qualifications:
- Graduation from high school and a minimum of 6-12 months experience in general maintenance positions.
- Good mechanical skills with general knowledge of repair work in several of the trades including electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee is regularly required to stand reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, climb or balance, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Necessary strength and physical ability to perform a variety of repair tasks, including lifting up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds.
- Mathematical ability to calculate length, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to speak effectively to guests or other employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Knowledge of resort or hotel operations preferred.
- Employee must be capable of working in an unsupervised environment, and follow the directions of his immediate supervisor, the Maintenance Supervisor
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.