Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Join this startup business with the financial backing of one of the marketing research industry's leading companies. Work on the latest technologies influencing the innovation of products in a highly collaborative environment. Checkout is a revolutionary marketing research platform that captures consumer purchases from smartphones and transforms the data into information products for our many clients. From millions of consumers we mine hundreds of millions of receipts - yielding transaction-level detail across all retailers, all channels, and over time.
As a member of the Product Management team, this individual will be responsible for overseeing and managing the production of market data for a business from beginning to end. This role will focus on several key aspects of the business, including but not limited to providing an assurance of data accuracy, fielding, identifying, communicating, investigating and resolving data issues and inquiries, assessing and implementing category and attribute enhancements and overall product management. This person will stay aligned with industry trends and clients' changing needs in order to actively identify and pursue market data needs. This individual will interact with several key cross-functional groups across the organization including Sales, Client Development, Retail Business Group, Operations, and Research Science to achieve objectives. He/she will be required to work directly with NPD clients to address quality concerns, communicate quality decisions and business rules and conduct validation exercises.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Manage key components of existing products, such as helping to define the standards of data quality and managing the maintenance of delivery tools/deliverables.
- Ensure monthly data validation is completed and results meet expectations. Investigate and resolve discrepancies as necessary.
- Drive process improvement by identifying and implementing changes that will improve quality and/or efficiency.
- Ensure the root cause of any issue has been identified and create preventative measures to avoid future risks.
- Provide ongoing reporting that manipulates data in order to draw conclusions, review impact analysis and identify data anomalies.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training materials, process documentation and client ready materials.
- Create product requirements, translating client needs into business specifications for product or capability at hand. Work closely with the implementation team to bring the specs to life, negotiating between scope and timing as needed.
- Stay abreast of assigned industries and align with Industry Analysts to ensure a consistent point-of-view on industry trends.
- Act as key point of contact for Operations Client Service/ Client Development/Practice on all matters related to client data inquiry communication.
- Lead new data enhancement efforts to keep products relevant in the industry.
- Regularly evaluate product performance relative to objectives and implement enhancements or retirement.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 5+ years or more in similar role
- Experience in analytics, data management or data manipulation
- Expert in all MS Office products (advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong understanding of data analysis and interpretation
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Possesses improvement mindset
- Strong experience working with POS and/or Consumer data, preferably in syndicated and/or custom research
- Prior experience with NPD software and data a plus
- Proven success working in Tableau, Alteryx or the equivalent a plus
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.