If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for Manager, Biostatistician with Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, at McKnight Vision Research Center located in Miami, Florida.
The Manager, Biostatistician provides oversight, leadership, strategic insight, direction, and implementation throughout the lifecycle of a clinical trial or research study. Moreover, the Manager, Biostatistician oversees strategic planning and the development of organizational goals and objectives.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Manages and mentors research employees, students, and other relevant staff.
- Authors scientific publications, technical and agency reports, and patent applications.
- Prepares research proposals and funding applications.
- Assists in the development of training materials for research staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Participates as a member of research teams with clinical/basic researchers, residents, fellows, and research trainees.
- Designs and executes statistical analyses of laboratory, animal, and clinical research data with statistical packages.
- Plans, experiments, records, and analyzes findings. Evaluates, interprets, and summarizes the results of statistical analyses.
- Presents ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences.
- Provides support in the preparation of manuscripts for publication, including writing the statistical analysis sections and reviewing the Methods and Results sections.
- Assists in the preparation of abstracts and presentations for academic conferences.
- Evaluates the feasibility of research projects and assist researchers in all aspects of research planning and implementation including, but not limited to, sample size estimation and preparation of statistical analysis sections of IRB, IACUC, and human subjects/vertebrate animal sections of grant applications.
- Produces randomization schedules, case-control selection, and identify relevant variables to be documented.
- Ensures that all activities are compliant with applicable quality and regulatory standards.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Master's degree in relevant fieldCertification and Licensing:
Minimum 10 years of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.