The DC Operations Manager plans and coordinates distribution activities to ensure accurate, efficient, and timely operation of the distribution function. This position maintains a positive work environment through solid communication, effective supervision, workload planning, and consistent enforcement of company policies. This position works independently; interacting with his or her supervisor as needed. Most activities are completed without a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Utilize RF technology, AS400, AS400 query support, and MS Access to develop and maintain databases for reporting, inventory control and configuration of Warehouse Management System (WMS).
* Operate, troubleshoot and create daily plans using AS400, Pack to Light and WMS.
* Develop consistent and efficient processes and expectations through assigned distribution area(s).
* Coordinate associate schedules to ensure that performance expectations are met with the utmost efficiency.
* Adhere to OSHA guidelines and ensure a high level of safety awareness.
* Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure an efficient workflow that meets the needs of the entire organization.
* Conduct employee meetings to provide information and a forum for the associates to express concerns; minimize employee turnover through developing a positive work environment and high associate engagement.
* Understand the effects that all processes have on cost management; monitor these processes and recommend improvements to cost management.
* Prepare mid-year and annual performance evaluations; prepare and discuss plans for associate development.
* Work to maintain proper inventory levels considering the effects on inventory control from all functional areas; continuously work to improve and prevent shrinkage.
* Supervise 1 to 4 leads as well as 4 to 40 nonexempt associates; possibly managing 1-2 supervisors.
* Coach, develop, train, retrain, hire and discipline team members.
* Ensure appropriate training of new and existing associates.
* Assist Human Resources with conducting interviews and making hiring recommendations.
* Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
* Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
* Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Strategic Decision Making - Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumption, facts, resources, constraints, and organizational values.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Business, Management, or other related field required
* At least 3 - 5 years of related experience at a supervisor or manager level within a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing environment required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Proficient knowledge of GameStop WMS, PKMS & RF scanner
* Proficient ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization using spoken and written English
* Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Word and Outlook
* Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
* Ability to be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and perform basic task work to meet deadlines
* Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide)
* Ability to recognize discrepancies in written/recorded data/information
* Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
* Ability to accept constructive feedback and improve training skills on an ongoing basis
* Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
* Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
* Consistently follows and adheres to all GameStop Affirmative Action Program-related policies and procedures