Manager, Infection Prevention and Control
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Infection Prevention & Control
First Shift (United States of America)
Oversees the overall budget, management and coordination of the Infection Prevention and Control Program at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center; takes strategic direction from the Medical Director of Infection Control and Prevention and the Director of Performance Improvement, and provides management and coordination for the development, implementation and evaluation of the Infection Prevention and Control program including survey readiness; provides a planned, systematic, organization-wide approach to identifying, designing, measuring, prioritizing and monitoring all Infection Prevention and Control activities, including new processes; ensures data integrity, inclusive of clear aggregated reports, the ability to prioritize and recommend improvements, decrease duplication, and ensure compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC), CDC, APIC, CMS, New York State standards and regulations along with any other applicable regulatory agencies; supervises assigned staff, education, training, hands-on participation/leadership, and development of assigned staff in performance improvement for the whole organization; collaborates with inpatient and outpatient departments, physicians and senior leadership to effectively measure, assess and continuously improve quality of care and services provided; Leads goal development driven by national and regional priorities.
Required Education and Experience
License and Certification
1. License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York; and or the ability to obtain such license from the State of New York within one (1) month of appointment to title.
2. Current certification by the Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC).
Education and Experience
1. Master's degree in a health related field and the equivalent of four (4) years of full-time experience in Infection Control; or
2. Bachelor's degree in a health related field and the equivalent of six (6) years of full-time experience in Infection Control.
1. As a condition of continued employment, incumbents must maintain the appropriate certification noted above.
2. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .