This position focuses on executing strategic initiatives for the Brand operations ensuring operational processes are properly aligned with the strategic goals of the enterprise. This role also supervises the various operational functions of the office with direct oversight of support staff. This position will develop business partnerships with the enterprise while leading the integration of corporate initiatives with the operations. This role will oversee a quality improvement process throughout the operations that will develop metrics and best practices with a feedback process to improve outcomes over time. This role will work collaboratively with commercial markets leadership which includes business development, claims, loss control and shared services. Understands multiple-perspectives of corporate business and operational issues and their impact to the Company. Responsible for managing work that involves coordinating day-to-day office operations, communications and timelines. Manages various corporate projects as directed by the Vice President of Operations.
- Manages the day to day operations and activities of the administrative and underwriting support staff. Responsible for creating optimized work flows and documenting process as well as auditing performance. Sets priorities and evaluates performance to ensure the best utilization of talent, staff and facilities to maximize efficient performance.
- Work with executive team to direct strategic planning activities for the operating unit and align requirements of the Company.
- Document and foster the development of new insurance products for the enterprise. Seek and document research, capabilities and market opportunity for expansion.
- Monitor and oversee the implementation of strategic/business plans and the attainment of desired objectives and outcomes.
- Assist with commercial markets strategic communications, highlighting strategy plans, status and related materials needed for executive level presentations.
- Provide leadership and/or execute assigned strategic and annual plan items.
- Analyze business issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions to achieve key results.
- Ensure the preparedness of commercial markets leadership by activities such as analyzing information, developing materials and communications, and recommending appropriate action.
- Work to ensure that projects assigned or delegated to the direct reports of Vice President of Operations are executed and completed.
- Represent the company and its interests in the Enterprise. Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the enterprise to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives and services of the enterprise.
- In conjunction with Corporate Communications lead communication efforts including company's strategy communications, employee communications and highlighting strategy plans, status and related materials.
- Oversight in developing department goals, objectives, processes, procedures, and systems. Identify areas for improvement and increased alignment with Enterprise.
- Lead efforts to create vision that links project concepts to feasible solutions to support strategic objectives and achieve organizational learning.
- Participate in cross-department resource estimates, allocations and prioritization of business initiatives.
- Participate in the annual departmental budget process, identify cost savings, monitor budget and identify budget discrepancies. Research budget issues and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Coordinate and research special projects and assignments.
- Consult with executive sponsors and project leads on the status of initiatives in progress.
- Lead, make significant contributions, and/or provide leadership to Initiatives to ensure Vice President of Operation's expectations are met and/or intentions are fulfilled.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.DIRECTION EXERCISED:
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in insurance, business, information services or related field required. Masters degree preferred. Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.EXPERIENCE:
Requires a high level of competency and skills in analysis (financial, cost/benefit, corporate administration, and IT related). Requires project management experience in a consulting environment or as an internal project manager involving large change management efforts with demonstrated success in working with cross-functional teams, and account/relationship management experience. Seven years
of progressively more responsible relevant experience which provide the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Three years
of leadership experience. Management experience required. Experience in multiline insurance with demonstrated technical knowledge preferred, including experience as a strategic business partner to executive management, active involvement in strategic and operational planning; operational and capital budgeting; staff management, organizational development and performance improvement. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret financial and management data and identify potential issues and/or opportunities, and conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis. Proven ability to move innovations from idea to implementation through established methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills and senior level skills in managing ambiguous and time sensitive situations and issues.
- Knowledge of activities, practices and terminology of the insurance industry
- Strong strategic planning, program development and project management skills. Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3 to 5-year span.
- Ability to negotiate and establish a personal rapport with opposing parties, and to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Extensive knowledge of human resources including federal and state laws governing employment practices.
- Considerable knowledge of the insurance industry and competitive environment.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion.
- Ability to objectively investigate employment issues, analyze information and implement resolutions.
- Ability to negotiate while establishing and maintaining effective working and customer relationships.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with executives, managers, employees and customers.
- Knowledge of organizational development and performance management.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply relevant business data to achieve key results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and implement effective communication plans.
- Leadership ability and team building skills necessary to effectively manage staff and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and empower others to ensure business success.
- Ability to effectively present program information, including budgetary and cost information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manages multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Work is performed in a virtual office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel may be required. Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.