The primary focus and business need for this key leadership position is to collaborate exceptionally well to support a company-wide talent management strategy, thereby ensuring that talent is well aligned with organizational needs, bench strength supports continued organizational and leadership development, the organization responds well to external hiring opportunities, and internal talent is retained and developed effectively.
This includes proactive sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates, based on present and future business needs, including the successful development and execution of relevant staffing models and metrics. Responsibilities also include searching and recommending effective and cost-effective recruitment strategies, ensuring that recruiting models are based on relevant planning, projections and a hiring and retention plan developed with key business partners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design effective recruiting strategies and use efficient, creative business practices to source, attract, screen, and select quality candidates for a variety of functional areas and levels of responsibility, and over multiple geographic locations, including international locations.
- Use outstanding relationship building skills to create and support organizational consensus around the organization's human capital strategy, and develop productive internal and external business partnerships that produce great business results throughout the organization.
- Creatively identify traditional and non-traditional sourcing avenues and identify and recruit top talent from other organizations.
- Leverage a comprehensive understanding of talent management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, retention, and organizational and individual development.
- Possess a strong understanding of how successful business organizations function, and how a comprehensive talent management/human capital strategy, with a focus on recruiting and retaining top talent, drives better overall business results.
- Develop and execute talent projections, staffing and recruiting models, and develop appropriate metrics to measure success and support organizational planning by executive management.
- Effectively communicate and build trust with all levels within the organization through a passionate commitment to outstanding internal and external service to others-develop and support a culture of servant leadership.
- Utilize excellent networking, negotiating, consensus-building and multi-tasking skills.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Operate a personal computer and possess a strong understanding of business computer applications.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Read and comprehend complex printed data/information and reports.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively prepare and present complex information before a live audience.
- Competently assess HR-related issues and provide sound recommendations for their resolution.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage others and the initiative to think creatively, critically, and logically.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This job has expired.
- 4-Year college degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred but not required.
- 2-4 years specialty retail field recruiting experience.
- Basic HR generalist knowledge, including state and federal employment laws.
- Prior knowledge and experience using common HRIS systems (ADP, PeopleSoft, Ulti-Pro, etc.).
- Proficiency in all common computer applications including MSWord, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills required