Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Do you want to work for a global company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products and food? If you want to be a part of a rewarding People First culture that values relationships, trust, and taking the long view, then this is the place for you. Henny Penny was named the 2021 Dayton Business of the Year for many reasons. Read on to learn more!
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing layouts and processes to deliver products meeting both quality and production metrics. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, your priorities are keeping the production lines running; driving innovation, scalability, & automation; and supporting New Product Development. You will ensure the manufacturing engineering team works cohesively with other departments while managing the team in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
What You'll Be Doing
What We're Looking For
- Establish and manage expense and capital budgets for manufacturing operations.
- Work with peers on the Operations and Engineering teams to define what needs done; facilitate development of options for getting the work done, manage risks, and relentlessly drive execution.
- Oversee manufacturing line layouts and improvements based on lean principles.
- Coaches and develops engineers in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensure daily production support in the utilization of layouts, tools, fixtures, and process improvement to produce customer orders.
- Create and maintain an environment of ownership and accountability of projects and timelines for all manufacturing engineering team members.
- Drive standardization and automation to reduce labor.
- Champions continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, cost initiatives, quality, information systems, and fabrication/assembly.
- Supports New Product Development with manufacturing reviews and prototype fab & assembly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial) or equivalent experience and tenure.
- Minimum 5 years recent experience in manufacturing engineering focused on sheet metal fabrication and assembly (low volume, high mix).
- Proven success in coaching and developing team members with minimum 2 years management experience.
- Formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with data driven approach and root cause analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. AutoCAD a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Strong project management, leadership, and organizational skills, with the ability to lead change.
We're known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day, millions of people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We're a behind-the-scenes engine in the world's most demanding kitchens, including long-term partners like McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, KFC, and Wendy's. We're 900+ employee-owners who thrive by living a People First mission: to support employees in becoming the best version of themselves both personally and professionally.
We recently completed the largest expansion in our history with the addition of 150,000 square feet on our Eaton campus. This expansion drives development of the world's most reliable, easy-to-use equipment with an innovative new space for global research and development. We have several collaborative spaces for our project teams, a dedicated electrical engineering lab for our hardware and software engineers, a full model shop for rapid prototyping, and a brand-new test lab that has 300 feet of hood space to test new equipment on our product roadmap. On top of that, we have a new state-of-the-art kitchen for our food science group to meet with our customers, understand what they need, and then dial in our equipment to help them make legendary menu items.Where We're Located - Eaton, Ohio
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this summer opportunity, please complete the online application and attach your resume at www.hennypenny.com/careers.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.