Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is currently seeking an eager and motivated entry-level material handler to join our TEAM! As an entry-level material handler, we need someone that is experienced with basic day-to-day warehouse functions and capable of lifting up to 75 lbs.
Operates various powered industrial trucks to pick up customer orders and conveys orders to packing station or shipping area.
Major Function and Scope
Experience and Knowledge Required
- Performs a variety of warehouse duties such as pulling/assembling customer orders, checking outbound orders for accuracy/completeness, inventory stock checks, restocking, and labeling vendor products, maintaining displays (tools, caulk, etc.), moving, storing, and replenishing material, and conduct daily cycle counts.
- Performs receiving duties such as receiving and unloading inbound material, processing inbound shipments, stocking material, processing customer returns, and notifying management of damaged shipments for freight claims.
- Operates forklift and orders picker equipment.
- Operates Stand-Up Reach Forklift.
- Maintains clean and organized facility by sweeping, trash removal, restroom, general office maintenance, etc.
- Maintains a safe working environment by obeying all safety rules as outlined in the Safety Program and by reporting all accidents, unsafe conditions, and acts to Management.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience; Certified Sit-Down Forklift Operator.
- 1-year previous warehouse experience preferred.
Other Pertinent Job Information
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good record-keeping skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Accurate measurement capability.
- Ability to understand and speak basic English.
- Ability to work safely and conscientiously.
- Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb, or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The aver number of picks per hour is 25 and the average weight is between 40-70 lbs with heavier picks (50-70 lbs) being 65% of the work shift and lighter weight items (20-40 lbs) being 35% of the work shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
This job has expired.