Schedule: Per Diem Holiday rotation required.
Responsible for inventorying, stocking and delivery of requisitioned supplies throughout the hospital in support of clinical professionals while financially managing hospital expenses.
• Restocks par locations with products ordered the previous day.
• Scans each par location on a daily basis and transmits orders
• Charges out any items taken directly from the Stat Room to the requesting department.
• All phone requests are processed and delivered within 45 minutes, unless otherwise noted. Exceptions require a follow up call to the requesting department.
• Restocks Nurse servers on a daily basis with items at par levels previously set.
• Assists in re-stocking Stat Room supplies as these items are received.
• Advises Supervisor of any stock outs and changes in usage.
• Provides support to the Receiving Clerk(s) during peak times, vacation and time off.
• Participates in the annual inventory as well as random cycle counts.
• Rotates product and checks for expiration dates.
• Maintains the Stat Room in a clean and orderly fashion. Floor is swept daily and the cardboard boxes are disposed of.
• Contacts Supervisor or Security department regarding safety issues or unknown persons in the area.
• Secures the overhead receiving door at the end of the evening shift by turning the power off and locking. Also the door to the back corridor is locked.
• Performs duties as assigned by the supervisor and or Director.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!