Manufacturing & Supply Chain
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for medium to heavy assembly which consists of installing critical engine components in a variety of engine systems or generator set components. The incumbent is also responsible for the assembly of large generator packages, wiring of control panels for the generator packages, and the construction of Canopy containers to house the generator packages.
- Daily tasks and assignments are provided by normal routine leadership or working with established procedures.
- Activities involve moderate system proficiency and data input
- Normal routine adjustments with equipment and a normal level of problem identification and resolution are necessary in performing job.
- Communicates effectively with inter/intra shift employees. Daily contact may also require a wide range of contacts within and outside the company.
Top Candidates will also have:
- At least 6 months of previous manufacturing/mechanical experience
- Experience with hand tools or various power tools (which could include wrenches, torques)
- Experience with repairing parts
- One year of previous assembly or troubleshooting/repairing/operating equipment experience
- Cat computer systems such as MES (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
- The ability to work safely and maintain that focus throughout the day
- Excellent communication skills as this position requires daily communication with supporting departments as needed to ensure their work is correct and accurate
- Previous automotive experience
- Previous maintenance experience
- Experience reading and understanding factory orders, blueprints, schematics, work tickets, torque specifications.
- Experience with standard work instructions (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
- Experience with assembly requirements for all parts and assembly procedures (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
- Candidates for all positions must have the ability to work in a fast pace, medium to heavy duty assembly, technical environment.
- Work may involve frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling, twisting, turning, climbing, and standing on concrete for 10 hours.
- All positions also require the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and withstand frequent repetitive movement of hands with a variety of tooling.
- Some positions require the ability to perform tasks on a moving conveyor under time constraints.
- 40-hour work weeks with potential for Overtime
- Multiple shifts offered - Shift premium of 7% per hour for 3rd shift
- 80 hours of vacation with an additional 40 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Climate controlled work environment - most areas
- 100% 401k match up to 6%
- Annual company contribution into your 401k
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Quarterly bonus program
- Clean/safe work environment
- Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
- This position is located in Griffin, GA
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
This job has expired.