Do you want to work for a global company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products, and food? If you want to be part of a rewarding People First culture that values relationships, trust, and taking the long view, then this is the place for you. Henny Penny was named the 2021 Dayton Business of the Year for many good reasons. Read on to learn more!
The Mechanical Designer creates technical information from CAD/CAE for the design of equipment. They work closely with engineers and other professionals to create and improve manufacturing systems or processes and develop drawings for a wide variety of equipment. The designer will work in an office setting, reviewing specifications and other data to develop mechanical layouts. The Mechanical Designer I position is responsible for day-to-day engineering activities from design-related tasks to design support roles and manufacturing support. This role requires an individual well versed in design, engineering change management, Bill of Material (BOM) maintenance, and drawing maintenance.
What We Offer
What You'll Be Doing
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee-owned. As an employee-owner, you will be enrolled in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service. This is a qualified retirement plan that is separate from your 401k and consists only of Henny Penny shares that will be paid out when you retire (or when you leave the company, but we hope you'll stay!)
- Annual company performance bonus in addition to base salary
- Flexibility to work from home 2 days per week
- Defined career paths so you'll always know what's next and what steps can get where you want to go
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement and unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, and paid holidays
- Onsite wellness clinic offering preventive care services such as wellness screenings, annual physicals, and related lab work at no cost to employee-owners
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide Thanksgiving Dinner
What We're Looking For
- Construct and maintain accurate Bills of Material (BOM's).
- Update and maintain the Engineering backlog.
- Provide accurate designer output timing.
- Provide Prototype and Pre-Production support.
- Source and order purchased components.
- Provide support to the Manufacturing team for sustaining equipment.
- Generate 3-D Models using input from engineers.
- Provide detailed reports on the project progress to the team and management, including presentations to small and large groups.
- Work closely with engineers.
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Engineering related field preferred, or equivalent experience
CAD certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of 3D CAD software & ERP System
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Basic MS office, presentation, or PowerPoint skills
- Basic modeling, sheet metal, machining, and casting knowledge
- Detailed oriented and strong creativity skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and root cause analysis
- Basic understanding of GD&T preferred
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing & engineering change management processes
We're known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day, millions of people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We're a behind-the-scenes engine in the world's most demanding kitchens, including long-term partners like McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, KFC, and Wendy's. We're 1,000+ employee-owners who thrive by living a People First mission: to support employees in becoming the best version of themselves both personally and professionally.
We recently completed the largest expansion in our history with the addition of 150,000 square feet on our Eaton campus. This expansion drives development of the world's most reliable, easy-to-use equipment with an innovative new space for global research and development. We have several collaborative spaces for our project teams, a dedicated electrical engineering lab for our hardware and software engineers, a full model shop for rapid prototyping, and a brand-new test lab that has 300 feet of hood space to test new equipment on our product roadmap. On top of that, we have a new state-of-the-art kitchen for our food science group to meet with our customers, understand what they need, and then dial in our equipment to help them make legendary menu items.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.