Do you want to work for a global company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products, and food? If you want to be part of a rewarding People First culture that values relationships, trust, and taking the long view, then this is the place for you. Henny Penny was named the 2021 Dayton Business of the Year for many good reasons. Read on to learn more!
The Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer plays a key role in designing and supporting a wide range of commercial cooking equipment processes. The Engineer has the opportunity to be involved with implementing and supporting the processes for new products, product improvements, product enhancements, customization, and solving customer related problems. In addition, the Engineer will design extensions to current product lines to meet the needs of a diverse customer base, as well as finding creative solutions to process problems that occur on our mature products.
What You'll Be Doing
What You Need For This Position
- Lead less defined projects involving a moderate amount of complexity.
- Participate in regular reviews of work output.
- Review Blueprints, Models, PCN's, and EWR's.
- Apply knowledge to identify problems that are not immediately apparent and take action.
- Develop all aspects of process design and implementation.
- Estimate time to complete tasks.
- Respond to internal/external inquiries about the technical aspects of our processes.
- Improve skills and product knowledge by getting training and continued education.
- Implement internal process improvements and facilitate change management.
- Conduct Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- Complete tasks that support the overall schedule and clearly communicates status.
- Maintain an organized and clean environment.
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years manufacturing process experience.
- Collaborative style and a passion for learning, laughing, and achieving.
- Ability to use hand tools and electric/air tools.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight for trainings and tradeshows.
- Strong MS office, presentation, or PowerPoint skills.
- Strong modeling, sheet metal, machining, and fabrication knowledge.
- Detail oriented and strong creativity skills.
- Ability to work with suppliers.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and root cause analysis.
We're known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day, millions of people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We're a behind-the-scenes engine in the world's most demanding kitchens, including long-term partners like McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, KFC, and Wendy's. We're 1,000+ employee-owners who thrive by living a People First mission: to support employees in becoming the best version of themselves both personally and professionally.
We recently completed the largest expansion in our history with the addition of 150,000 square feet on our Eaton campus. This expansion drives development of the world's most reliable, easy-to-use equipment with an innovative new space for global research and development. We have several collaborative spaces for our project teams, a dedicated electrical engineering lab for our hardware and software engineers, a full model shop for rapid prototyping, and a brand-new test lab that has 300 feet of hood space to test new equipment on our product roadmap. On top of that, we have a new state-of-the-art kitchen for our food science group to meet with our customers, understand what they need, and then dial in our equipment to help them make legendary menu items.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.