If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
UMMG - Community Health Delivery Sys has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Assistant position. The incumbent assists in the examination and treatment of patients, under the direction of a physician. Moreover, the incumbent interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. The Medical Assistant 1 also draws and collects blood samples from patients and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Gives injections and treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Assists in patient care activities such as dressing changes and leg wraps.
- Prepares treatment room for examination of patient.
- Assists with physical examinations by preparing supplies and handing instruments and materials to the doctor as directed.
- Provides patients with basic instruction and information regarding examination procedures.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments while observing principles of sterile technique.
- Schedules patients for tests and completes required forms for laboratory work.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records and documentation.
- Orders, stocks, and inventories supplies, and assists in performing clerical duties.
- Escorts and transports patients to various hospital locations.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certified as a Medical Assistant by the AAMA, NHA or Registered (Candidates must obtain their certification no more than 12 months from date of hire)
- One year of relevant work experience is preferred
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.