Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Cardiology Office located in Camillus
JOB SUMMARY: Implement, support, and maintain the mission of St. Joseph's Physicians, To deliver quality, accessible healthcare with compassion and service excellence. Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of physician or other health care provider.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures, and insurance requirements.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of patient medical records and equipment.
- Responsible for accurately and legibly documenting information within patient medical records on the EMR, as well as paper documentation.
- Conduct pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient charts prior to appointment, review recent test results and correspondence and anticipate necessary services pre practice and provider protocol.
- Confer with provider regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders prior to patient visit.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room and interviewing the patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit, and taking vital signs.
- Provide timely communication with patients, make inquiries, execute follow-up tasks, and help to integrate information into care plans.
- Assist with scheduling tests and treatment, pre-certify patient for hospital care and/ or procedures, and process referrals to other providers.
- Assist providers and nurses with medical and office procedures to include blood draws, EKGs, minor procedures, and rooming of patients within scope of practice.
- Follow provider orders to schedule referrals, diagnostic tests, lab tests, appointments, etc.
- Prepare, clean, and maintain exam room, treatment room, clinical supplies, and equipment
- Maintain a safe, clean, and neat environment.
- Responsible for successful and timely completion of work.
- Readily assists others upon completion of assigned duties.
- Demonstrate ability to manage priorities and balance workload.
- Demonstrate competency in computer data entry.
- Arrive in the designated work area at the assigned time in appropriate attire prepared to work.
- Demonstrate adaptability and accept change in a positive manner.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on corporate communications such as email and internal network such as the Pulse, SJEN, etc.
- Cooperate and help the organization meet its clinical goals.
- Understand and adheres to all departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in population management activities as directed by practice.
- Responsible for completing and maintain all required training relative to job function .
- Exemplify a strong adherence to the professional code of conduct.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude and demonstrate a supportive and understanding behavior when in contact with patients, providers, employees, and patients.
- Follow all policies and procedures mandated by St. Joseph's Physicians and governing bodies regarding HIPAA and OSHA.
- Abide by the policies and procedures set forth in the St. Joseph's Physicians employee handbook, as well as department policies and procedures.
- Perform duties and assist providers as part of the practice care team. Take part in daily team huddles and/or other periodic team meetings to facilitate communications and enhance positive patient experiences and quality delivery of care.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives as part of the practice care team.
- Insure job functions align with office policies and procedures and patient-centered medical home standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Respectful, clear communication
- Proper charting, documentation, and maintenance of patient's medical records
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight timelines
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities
- Maintain high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Detail oriented
- Provide quality, patient-centered care
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program
- BLS certification
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS
- Light work - standing, walking, sitting, bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching. Some lifting required.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Category I - Duties performed routinely requires exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.