Mass General Brigham Integrated Care a system-led operating entity formed by Mass General Brigham to develop new high quality, low cost, innovative community-based ambulatory care.This work stems from Mass General Brigham's unified system strategy to bring health care closer to patients while lowering total health care costs. Mass General Brigham Integrated Care will provide a wide range of offerings, including outpatient surgery, imaging, primary care, behavioral and mental health, and specialty care, both digitally as well as at physical locations across the state and region.
We aspire to be people's first choice for health and care
- rooted in well-being and kindness -
by bringing world-class care closer to home (or at home!) and
being the bridge to world-renowned hospitals and research when needed.
We are looking for team members who possess not only the relevant skills and growth potential, but positive attitudes, flexibility, and creative mindsets to join our expanding team. Opportunities exist for team members to contribute both in their primary domain as well as in other areas of the organization.
Our core values are shared fundamental beliefs that guide our decision-making and behavior
and bind us together as a team. At Mass General Brigham Integrated Care, we are:
The Opportunity: Medical Assistant - Mass General Brigham Integrated Care (Burlington)Why This Role Is Important
Bravely Human: We approach our work with empathy, vulnerability, and kindness.
Clearly Honest: We seek to provide clarity amongst our teams and patients.
Proudly Collaborative: We are all part of a team - each bringing our unique talents to bear.
Intentionally Consistent: We intentionally live our purpose, providing a cohesive experience for both patients and providers.
Exceptionally Creative: We continue to learn, grow, and iterate on the ways we work.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on-site, as well as remotely with a new team that will offer in-person and virtual care to our patients. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Medical Assistant
who can partner with our Primary Care clinical and non-clinical staff to test out new ways of delivering exceptional care to our patients. The Medical Assistant
is an integral part of our diverse team, embracing our culture of well-being and kindness, and contributing to constant improvement. Responsibilities include a hybrid of on-site and off-site work with the goal of providing a seamless, integrated experience for patients and care teams. This role will be part of a team that will frequently prototype new ideas, including digital tools, care team roles, and workflows, that may be used in designing for the future of ambulatory care across Mass General Brigham Integrated Care.
As an organization looking to invest in your professional growth, there will be opportunities for this role to learn, grow, and participate in improvement projects. What You'll Work On
The Medical Assistant
will be primarily accountable for:
MA Responsibilities include:
- Assuring efficient patient flow management for in-person and/or virtual visits
- Assisting the provider and/or nursing staff with patient care before, during, and after the visit including but not limited to: Rooming, data gathering and documentation, patient examination, procedures and treatments as directed, follow-up communication, patient education, and responding to needs to expedite visits and keep on schedule
- Functioning as an integral part of the team by collaborating with clinical and administrative staff on clinical quality, process improvement, and other initiatives that promote a culture of innovation and excellence that delivers a high standard of care
- Serving as a process advocate and coach in the practice and organization
- Improving patient experience by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs
- Assuring patient Medical Record is complete prior to the visit and preparing patient for examination (may happen in person or virtually):
- Checks patient's identification using two identifiers
- Documents chief complaint and symptom(s) in the medical record
- Documents interval medical and family history in the medical record
- Reviews current medication list in Epic and prescriptions that need to be renewed
- Documents all drugs and other allergies
- Reviews record for immunization and other health monitoring needs
- Instructs patient in how to prepare for the physician or nurse practitioner
- Vital Signs and Exam Preparation (in person):
- Obtains age-appropriate vital signs and other measurements appropriate to visit
- Anticipates / sets up special equipment and/or supplies needed for the visit
- Alerts the physician or nurse practitioner when patient is ready and communicates pertinent clinical information
- Cleans and prepares room for next patient
- Assists the Provider and/or Nursing staff with patient care during the visit
- Adhering to hand hygiene and standard precaution guidelines, employing additional precautions as appropriate
- Assuring efficient patient flow (may happen in person or virtually):
- As applicable, assists patient through visit wrap up process when visit is complete
- Responds to needs to expedite visits and keep on schedule
- Collecting specimens and performs CLIA-waived tests according to protocol (in person).
- These tests include but are not limited to:
- Blood (phlebotomy)
- Clean-voided urine
- Finger sticks
- Stool for occult blood
- Rapid strep testing
- HCGs (pregnancy tests)
- Obtain throat cultures
- Assist with collection of gynecologic specimens for STI and Pap Smears
- Assisting provider and nursing staff with patient examination, procedures, and treatments as directed (in person):
- Performs other tests, procedures, and treatments as directed. These include but are not limited to:
- Visual acuity tests
- Simple dry, sterile dressings
- Nasopharyngeal swabs
- Electrocardiograms, office spirometry, peak flow, administration of nebulizer treatments
- Immunization administration
- Patient education
- Maintaining neat, clean, and safe exam rooms and treatment areas (in person):
- Assures patient care areas are neat, clean, professional-looking
- Assures exam and treatment rooms are properly stocked, equipped, and secured as applicable
- Assures all equipment is in good working order
- Cleans exam rooms and equipment after each patient use per office protocols
- Document testing / results per practice protocols
- Using appropriate flow sheets and screening forms for chronic disease management
- Assisting the Provider and Nursing staff with work outside the visit related to managing a panel of patients (may happen in person or virtually):
- Performs designated tasks related to tracking test results and may communicate normal test results to patients as directed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or nurse
- Assists physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and navigators in coordinating care with / making referrals to community agencies for non-clinical services
Qualifications About You
Remote Clinical Coordination Responsibilities Include:
- One call resolve - clinical phone calls or patient portal messages
- Refill set-up & medication reconciliation
- Symptom screening and routing
- After visit/post procedure check-in
- New med/symptoms check-in
- Other duties as requested
- The MA is also responsible for other tasks consistent with his/her training and skills
Customer service and professional behavior expectations:
- Adhering to Human Resource policies with respect to attendance and dress code
- Adhering to Mass General Brigham Integrated Care customer service philosophy in all patient interactions
- Communicating appropriately and effectively with patients
- Recognizes and respects culture & diversity
- Adapts communication to the patient's understanding
- Employs professional telephone and interpersonal techniques
- Serves as a communication liaison between the physician and the patient
- Taking ownership of resolving customer complaints directly within scope of responsibility and/or reports event to Manager as necessary
Preferred Experience We Hope You Have
- Completion of a formal program in Medical Assisting is required
- At least two years of experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Primary care experience preferred
- Proficiency with an EHR, Epic experience preferred
- Current certification with one of the following organizations preferred
- American Assoc. of Medical Assistants (AAMA) - Credential: CMA
- American Medical Technologists (AMT) - Credential: RMA
- National Healthcare Association (NHA) - Credential: CCMA
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) - Credential: NCMA
How We'll Support You
- Service mentality, flexibility, and interest in working in an environment that promotes innovation and a culture of excellence
- Comfort using new technology and software
- A kind and compassionate individual who employs professional interpersonal skills
- High tolerance and comfortability with ambiguity and shifts in responsibilities and processes
- Productive and positive team-based environment
- Collaborative approach to delivering high-quality relationship-centered care
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth
- Career ladder with increased compensation tied to leadership and contribution to the organization
- Bonus eligibility based on overall team performance
- Opportunities to provide feedback and contribute to innovation across Integrated Care
• Primary location: Burlington & Remote
• Travel requirements: Occasional cross-coverage at other local locations (ex. Watertown, Woburn, etc)
• Monday to Friday, occasional weekends and extended hours
• Job Type: Full-timeHow You Can Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter that answers the below questions:
What attracted you to MGB Integrated Care? Why?
Which of your relationships do you value most? What do they mean to you? How did you form these relationships and how do you sustain them?
What does good leadership look like to you?
This job has expired.