* Excellent opportunity for Radiologic Technology students! *
Flexible schedule with weekend hours and evening coverage during the week
POSITION TITLE: Medical Imaging Tech Assistant
We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Greets and prepares patents for radiographic examinations and assists radiographer as needed.
- Performs a wide variety of tasks and functions in support of departments operation, including secretarial and transport duties.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT, SKILLS OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Prior patient care/handling experience preferred. Must have transporter experience or have demonstrated the desire and motivation, thorough actions and the learning of additional skills, to advance to this level.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
- Completes population specific competency annually on populations served as identified in scope of care and service.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS:
- Good communication skills both oral and written and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of examinations, equipment and limitations.
- Must be able to anticipate needs of technologists and/or patients and fulfill them without constant supervision.
- Skilled with imaging equipment, digital imaging and associated QC testing equipment needed.
- Ability to learn biomedical electronic radiologic imaging, computer data entry, and hemodynamic monitoring skills.
Office/Clinical setting. Exposure class I - Routine or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, excretions or secretions. Intermittent to regular exposure to unpleasant physical conditions. Regular exposure to situations that could cause moderate to serious injury or illness. Radiation exposure - when testing equipment.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Heavy work: pushing, pulling, walking, standing, and liftingWORK CONTACT GROUP:
All services, employees, medical staff, patients, visitors, vendors, various regulatory and professional agencies.SUPERVISED BY:
Technologist/SupervisorOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.