St. Mary Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Medical Lab Tech to join our team!
Schedule: Pool, day shift
Seeking a Lab Generalist competent in Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Coagulation and Urinalysis. Good working knowledge and application of standard laboratory practices. Must be able to work independently with good decision-making skills. Schedule includes weekend and holiday rotation.
- Utilizes quality control for decision making on a routine basis to establish standards
- Communicates critical values in accordance with departmental policy
- Recognizes abnormal results and takes appropriate action in accordance with departmental policy
- Accurately performs STAT and routine orders within established time limits
- Adequately collects and/or processes specimens
- Safely performs all routine maintenance procedures
- Performs and evaluates instrument functions
- Recognizes malfunctions and implements corrective actions
- Consistently completes documentation of maintenance procedures and/or instrument malfunctions notifies appropriate personnel
- Communicates instrumentation status to appropriate personnel including oncoming shift by utilizing Departmental Communication book
- Monitors inventory levels and follows appropriate protocol for re-ordering supplies
- Reviews appropriate specimen logs to confirm completion of work and resolve outstanding tests
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of appropriate computer functions
- Assists Central Processing by receiving specimens, responding to Pneumatic tube and answering telephones
- Adapts work schedule to meet emergency staffing needs
- Performs other related duties as required
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- Technical School/2 Years College / Associate's Degree
- AS (MLT) with ASCP eligible or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.