St. Mary Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our team!
Provides accurate diagnostic and therapeutic test results to the responsible health care provider with minimal supervision using appropriate laboratory equipment.
- Utilizes quality control for decision making on a routine basis to establish standards
- Communicates critical values in accordance with departmental policy
- Recognizes abnormal results or take appropriate action in accordance with departmental policy
- Accurately performs STAT and routine orders within established time limits
- Priorities workload based on volume
- Adequately collects and/or processes specimens
- Safely performs all routine maintenance procedures
- Performs and evaluates instrument functions
- Recognizes malfunctions and implements corrective actions
- Consistently completes documentation of maintenance procedures and/or instrument malfunctions
- Communicates instrumentation status to appropriate personnel including on-coming shifts by using Departmental communication book.
- Monitors inventory levels and follows appropriate protocol for re-ordering supplies
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of appropriate functions
- Reviews appropriate specimen logs to confirm completion of work or resolve outstanding tests
- Demonstrates ability to adequately use departmental downtime procedure
- Recognizes specific problems and takes appropriate corrective action in accordance with departmental policy
- Maintains system security
- Always demonstrates proper telephone etiquette
- Consistently assumes responsibility for calls, correctly answers questions, directs inquiries and takes messages
- Assists in Central Processing by receiving specimens, responding to pneumatic tube and answering telephones
- Is responsive, courteous, respectful and cooperative in completing tasks
- Consistently demonstrates teamwork
- Adapts work schedule to meet emergency staffing needs.
- Performs other related duties as required
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Technical School/2 Years College / Associate's Degree
- AS (MLT) with ASCP eligible or equivalent
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.