Mercy Health Job description:
The Medical Laboratory Technologist will provide for the care, diagnosis and safety of patients. Collects, processes and analyzes blood, body fluids, tissues and excrements. Analyzes, validates and reports laboratory results in compliance with hospital, state, and federal regulations and standards.
What the Medical Technologist will do:
What the Medical Technologist will need:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of laboratory procedures and processes
- Reports accurate patient laboratory results with minimum errors.
- Reviews results based on knowledge of age related normal.
- Uses quality control results in determining validity of patient results
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Bachelor's Degree plus clinical internship in Medical Technology (Clinical Laboratory Science).
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or NCA certification - or - board eligible and must become certified within one year.
- One year hospital lab experience preferred
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.