What we offer:
- Education Assistance offered
- Effective Day 1 Benefit Package(Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)for positions 16 hours per week or greater
- Competitive wages; including weekend and night differentials
- Generous paid time off program
- Retirement Savings program with employer match starting on Day 1
Monday - Friday; 8am - 4:30pm; no weekends or holidaysAbout The Job:
The Medication Access Coordinator (MAC) is dedicated to improving patient access to "specialty" medications. The MAC is responsible for capturing opportunities to direct "specialty" prescriptions to Mercy-owned and contracted pharmacies when and where possible; and/or as the patient requests or insurance provider requires. The MAC will act as the liaison between the patient, provider, nurses, staff, pharmacy, and insurance provider to identify and facilitate prescription ordering and bi-directional communication for eligible patients. The MAC facilitates efforts to problem-solve fulfillment service and insurance concerns. And, they will partner with all involved parties to ensure the patient receives the best possible care experience. The MAC also serves as a liaison between appropriate parties to improve patient access to copayment and/or foundation payment assistance.What we are looking for:
Education/License & Certification:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 year degree in healthcare or related field is preferred.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification required or completed within 6 months of employment.
- One-year experience as a pharmacy technician/LPN is preferred.
- Prior experience in retail pharmacy or related field is preferred.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/DisabledIn compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, please call Human Resources at (641) 428-7287 or email us at email@example.comOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively.
- Must be able to effectively speak to and interact with patients, address problems, and manage conflict.
- A self-starter with the ability to function both independently and with a team.
- Attention to detail and good documentation.
- In addition, show the ability to innovate.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers and a variety of computer programs including word processing, spreadsheets, and various electronic health record systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, pharmaceuticals and specialty pharmaceuticals is preferred. Knowledge of healthcare insurance payer requirements, which includes prior authorizations, pharmacy benefit billing and billing compliance, is preferred.
- Ability to train others.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.