Job ID: 226682
Hallett Materials, a CRH company, was established in 1918. Hallett Materials produces quality aggregates with a firm belief in customer service. The materials produced by Hallett Materials are used in the construction of new highways, bridges and buildings as well as landscaping and maintenance projects.
The Mine Engineering Intern position will work on gaining an overall understanding of the major divisions of CRH Americas Materials. The selected candidate will be involved with and learn about various aspects of the company and will include all areas of aggregates. Preference will be given to applicants with drone flight license and CAD experience.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Spend time in aggregates to learn the fundamentals of production.
- Understand how to estimate and plan plant production requirements.
- Understand compliance requirements for our operations to meet federal and state regulations including MSHA and OSHA etc.
- Equipment preventative maintenance, scheduling, and shop operation.
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Learn the material specification requirements our products are required to meet.
- Support the safety goals and processes of the company.
- Spend time in field operations for aggregates
- Understand how crew and scheduling efficiency is instrumental to achieve project goals.
- Understand project profitability (revenue/costs).
- Learn the fundamentals of material pricing for aggregates
- Complete exploration in mine planning and design
- Survey and Engineering duties
- Learn to derive quantities from plans and how to accurately price products.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ideal candidate must be currently enrolled in a college degree program and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 or better.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated opetions and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objective.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement's impact on financial results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
- Must be able to exert 10 lbs. frequently to move objects and/or up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Hallett Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Apr 24, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Des Moines Job Segment:
Engineer, Construction, Electrical, CAD, Drafting, Engineering