Job ID: 283562
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to work! CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. We have great employees that have been with us many years - and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team - where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
Mining Engineer: As a member of the mining services team, this position will be responsible for monitoring aggregate mining, and planning, including surveying, phasing, project design for levees and haul roads, developing extraction methods, and assisting in labor/equipment planning. This position will be based in Mississippi.
Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with legislation, company policies and promoting a safe work environment
- Working with management in facilitating surveys, plans and development around our aggregate production operations to maintain the mine plans for aggregate sites.
- Collaborates and conducts with others geographical exploration by reviewing maps and drilling logs to determine location, size, accessibility, and estimated volumes of deposits.
- Works with aggregate production to develop methods to extract material, evaluating factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics and overburden depth.
- Assists in laying out and directing mine construction operations, such as location and development of ramps and positioning of mining area, access roads etc.
- Assists in analyzing throughput costs, analyzing plant flow, and determining cycle me opportunities in the load/haul fleet.
- Assists in analyzing and determining labor requirements, equipment needs, and operational costs for annual budget preparation and reporting.
- Assists in determining long-range planning designs and data to determine proof of financial justification.
- Will work with the team to ensure company compliance with mandated safety and environmental policies on all mining/material production practices.
- Will work with company management and State and Federal agencies to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and respond accordingly.
- Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start me.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health &Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to APAC policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other dues as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelors and/or Associate Degree in Mine Engineering; or three to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and dependable transportation to and from the job site.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to complete necessary mathematical equations and have knowledge of basic algebra, plain geometry, and trigonometry.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a computer to communicate effectively. This includes but is not limited to the use of Outlook, MS Office programs, AutoCAD Civil 3-D, Carlson Mining software, construction software and web-based programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans, specifications, procedure, and company manuals.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Mississippi, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Jackson Mississippi Job Segment:
Mining Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Drafting, Engineering, Mining
This job has expired.