Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, a member of Trinity Health, Mid-Atlantic, is looking for MRI Technologists to join our MRI and Radiology Team!
Employment Type: Pool/Per Diem
Shift: as needed including, evening, nights, weekend and holiday shifts; must be able to take call.
This role performs MRI examinations on patients utilizing specialized x-ray and computer systems. The purpose is delivery of quality care commensurate with the age of the patient population for the said designated area.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Participates constructively in PI activities in the department
- Recognizes special needs/concerns of populations served and adjusts communication accordingly, i.e., language barrier, diminished hearing, concrete terms, etc.
- Performs MRI examinations on patients, using equipment correctly and according to manufacturer specifications.
- Uses MRI scanners appropriately, has a good knowledge of cross sectional anatomy in all scan planes.
- Understands and can accurately use PACS and Teleradiology systems.
- Knows, understands and can demonstrate proper IV skills. Successfully performs venipuncture procedures; selects appropriate needle gauge considering patient age, skin condition, positioning, cognition. Monitors site according to policy: vessicants, non-vessicants, documentation.
- Facilitates patient safety and comfort during procedures; explains procedures to patient and answers all questions prior to exam.
- Reviews patient identification and patient history prior to exam. Screens all patients for metal objects prior to exam.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities; reviews physicians notes and insurance information.
Requirements: High School graduate; successful graduate from an AMA approved Radiology program; Registered by ARRT or acquired within one year; MRI certification required within 1 year of hire into position; BCLS required.We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Retirement Savings Program
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.