12 Hour Day Shift
• In accordance with the mission of Diley Ridge Medical Center, under the direction of a Registered
Nurse, the Multi-skilled Technician, will provide direct and indirect patient care, in an atmosphere
sensitive to each person's physical, emotional, social & spiritual needs. Functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization. The scope of Multi-Skilled Technician's role is to support clinical care in the Emergency Department, Inpatient Unit, Imaging Services area and Outpatient Draw Station.
• Functioning in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation, responsible and accountable for the delivery of care and services to patients served within the Medical Center campus, this may include acceptance of duties, responsibilities and / or special projects not specified within this .
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• Education: High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
• Successful completion of an approved course(s) which includes basic patient
care skills, EKG, and phlebotomy preferred.
• Experience: Previous patient care experience and / or technical education in
health-related field preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and receive multiple directions.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills.
• BLS, healthcare provider, required.
• Exhibits a community and customer service focus.
Reports to: Director of Patient Care Services, Assistant Clinical Manager, Charge
Nurse or designee
Supervises: N /A
• Service Excellence:
• Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence
for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective
communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
• Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and
initiating service recover on identified issues.
• Clinical Practice - Routine Patient Care:
• Under the direction of an RN, or other licensed staff member.
• Delivers patient care for an assigned group of patients. (Examples include,
but are not limited to: vital signs, I&O, Height, weight, activities of daily living,
preparation for admission, post-mortem care, patient transport and admission, ensures
security of patient belongings.
• Responds to patient requests in a timely manner.
• Clinical Practice - Technical Skills:
• Under the direction of an RN, or other licensed staff member, performs:
• EKG & Monitor lead placement.
• Orthopedic skills (i.e.) splinting, crutch fitting, gait training.
• Visual acuity, eye irrigation & equipment set-up.
• CLIA-waived testing (i.e.) point of care glucose.
• Collects specimens (i.e.) throat, urine, stool, sputum.
• Wound cleansing & application of a sterile dressing.
• Suture & staple removal.
• Urinary catheterization & Foley care.
• Suture tray set-up, assisting with procedure.
• Set-up & assisting with pelvic exam.
• Assisting in triage, with data collection.
• Assist with application of restraints.
• Participates as a team member in hazardous material decontamination.
• Documentation & Reporting:
• Provides accurate and complete documentation in accordance with standards,
policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Completes clothing list.
• Reports observations & condition changes to RN and / or physician within a
• Captures & records charges.
• Safe Practice:
• Practices positive patient identification.
• Completes assigned responsibilities according to policies, procedures, &
• Initiates appropriate emergency procedures.
• Maintains equipment appropriate to the care environment.
• Provides for a safe environment for patients (i.e.) side rails, patient
positioning, maintains patient's environment, cleaning patient stretchers & rooms between
patient, provides post procedure clean- up, returning equipment to proper place, monitors
patients who require direct visualization to ensure self protection or prevent elopement
• Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the
patients care team.
• Keeps patient & families appraised and updated. Establishes and maintains
positive strong communication with patients and families.
• Assists the clinical staff with answering incoming & placement of outgoing
phone calls, utilizing scripted messages.
• Computer Skills:
• Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position effectively.
• Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
• Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patients care, staff &
physician relationships and the working climate.
• Assumes responsibility for room supply replenishment and room preparation.
• Assumes responsibility for completing own education.
• Assists in orientation of new staff and participates in student instruction
and experiences when requested.
• Accepts responsibility for being pro-active in cost effective utilization of
supplies and resources.
• Accepts responsibility for non-direct patient care responsibilities, as assigned
(i.e.) obtaining medical records, transporting specimens, etc.
• Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory
Other Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising
questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
• Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and
evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety
management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include
wearing of personal protective equipment.
• Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes
both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
• Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
• Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center to fulfill its
• Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!