Intrado Communication's engineering team is looking for an experienced Network Engineer with a strong familiarity in SIP/VOIP to join a tight knit engineering team. The role will focus on technical diligence, product & technology integration planning, and integration implementation. We are seeking individuals who are self-starters, who can also work in a collaborative environment and possesses strong communication and technical skills.
Additional core functions include:
- Responsible for engineering, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of the companies network routers, switches, servers and Voice over IP (VoIP) infrastructure, supporting applications and network hardware.
- Receive and address incident escalations of network trouble through the companies NMS/OSS systems, troubleshoot issues in a timely and accurate manner when needed to support operations and other staff.
- Ability to provide as we as understand network engineering concepts, network design, diagrams, configuration of devices, deployments and documentation as well as on site (work site location depending / travel approval) competence installing servers/routers/switches, cabling, cable matrices etc...
- On-call duties as required.
The ideal candidate is someone who can:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate technical concepts to others across all levels of the business
- Clear and effective communication across all mediums (e.g. email, conference calls, in person, written documentation, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to translate vendor RFO statements and advise on accuracy / creation of same as needed. Keeps all communications with vendors and clients professional, following company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to act independently while working with remote hands at our network and switch sites.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, MIS, telecommunications, or a related field preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum 7 years networking, telecommunications, and application experience required with an emphasis in networking and a good understanding of SIP/VoIP
- Advanced experience with Cisco IOS/XE/XR, OSPF, BGP, VRFs, and VLANs
- Intermediate experience in EIGRP, VPN, Netflow/NBAR2, SNMP, Firewalls and Proxies.
- Basic knowledge of MPLS is preferred.
- Experience with Customer Circuit activations, Test & Turnup, as well as coordination of these tasks with all relevant groups.
- Experience with MS Office products and SSH tools is required. Experience with Linux OSes as well as command line tools such as NMAP/MTR/TraceRoute is preferred.
- Be able to determine CIDR mappings (subnets), as well as RFC1918 address space.
- Experience with communicating clearly with other carriers
- Able to work well with teammates and can meet deadlines
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Our Company develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
The Company is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Our Company has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Our Company welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This job has expired.