ITT Inc. is looking for a Network Engineer to join their Enterprise Infrastructure team in Seneca Falls, NY. The Network Engineer's role is to build and implement network systems across the enterprise. This includes the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimization of all wide area network connections, data center networks, local area networks, associated software, and communication links. This person will also troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic, and leverage network security tools and components to improve the IT Security posture of the enterprise.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and associated training for network
- Ability to train other team members
Position RequirementsFormal Education & Certification
- Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization's LANs, WANs, and wireless deployments.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
- Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, content filters, WAN optimizers, load-balancers, etc.
- Maintain network management applications
- Configure and monitor load-balancing and proxy of applications
Knowledge & Experience
- College Degree in computer science, information sciences or related field and 5-7 years of experience; OR 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Current CCNA certification is required.
- CCNP or CNE certification is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of network management and analysis tools, including Cisco Prime, IPMonitor, and Netflow.
- Expert knowledge of current generation network hardware, including routers (Cisco), switches (Cisco), firewalls (Palo Alto), content filters (Palo Alto), and load-balancers (Citrix).
- Ability to design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Ability to design, setup and configure wireless networking (Cisco) that supports various secured configurations.
- Configure and setup Cisco VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Abiilty to configure, troubleshoot and maintain Cisco Unified Communication Manager is a plus.
- Abiilty to configure, troubleshoot and maintain Cisco Call Manager Express is a plus.
- Knowledge and previous experience with VoIP infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with QoS is a plus.
- Experience with routing protocols such as EIGRP & BGP preferred.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, VoIP, LAN, WAN, frame relay, xDSL, TCP/IP, ATM, T1, 802.11x, and so on.
- Expertise in technologies used to enable remote employees including, but not limited to telephony, PCs, wireless networking, WiFi, and Smartphone
- Hands-on knowledge of the configuration of load-balancing of applications
About the Company:
- Fully understands how the business/functional strategy applies to his/her own technology area.
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) on needed communications and communication timing. Participates in presentations in his/her domain or area of expertise.
- Understands when new or alternate solutions are necessary, and begins discussions with IT management and business/functional partners to identify needed improvements to the solution/service framework.
- Leverages experience collaborating across cultures, and organizations, and purveys interpersonal and cultural understanding in group work settings by initiating conversations with others.
- Shares information proactively, directs workflows to leverage the expertise of individuals, and promotes a team approach to achieve common goals.
- Provides solutions/services that conform to approved industry frameworks within his or her domain or country that support best practices and standardization and meet requirements for risk, security, maintenance, scalability, and performance. Initiates conversations with his/her manager and customers/partners when new, customized or non-standard solutions may be necessary.
- Leverages existing solutions, knowledge base, and best practices, and works within the approved policy/governance framework.
- Gains trust by listening effectively, being open and transparent, and demonstrating results that the customer, business or function values.
- Demonstrates a sense of pride in the quality of his/her own work, and a willingness to take initiative to meet the challenges of the customer, business or function.
- Promotes accomplishments while holding others accountable for results.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Self-directed, Self-starter and strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under stress
ITT, headquartered in Stamford, CT, operates competitively in more than 35 countries with sales in approximately 125 countries and partners with customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. The company generated 2021 revenues of $2.8 billion.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a work-place defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. Also bestowed to ITT was the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award that distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and the ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units): Industrial Process
designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities; Motion Technologies
designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive and rail markets; Connect and Control Technologies
designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.
This job has expired.