PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to support the licensed staff by giving direct resident care and performing Nurse aide functions such as care for the personal needs and comfort of residents under the supervision of a Charge Nurse, and in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence House policy and procedure, Independence House ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook.
- Meet the minimum required age of 16 years old.
- Active State Tested Nurse Aide certification with the state of Ohio or have completed Nurse Aide training with certificate of completion. Or the 8 hour Nurse Aide program. Training can be provided.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to needs of the residents served on his/her neighborhood.
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of the principles related to the aging adult and problems associated with aging.
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the resident status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each residents needs.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift above the shoulders. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must have excellent verbal communications skills to perform daily tasks.This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV etc.)*BVHS