The Nursing Assistant/Mental Health Security Tech is responsible for assisting with direct patient care as well as other work on the unit, which supports the patient environment. Work will include components of direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation, transportation and general maintenance of the patient environment
Your best life. Our one purpose.
At MercyOne Siouxland, we know that colleagues benefit from and strengthen our network. You'll find support, teamwork and coworkers that help you get the best out of yourself.
What we offer:
We care about your wellbeing, both physical and mental, which is why our benefit package includes:
What you will do:
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
- Personalized health insurance plans including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term leave
- Retirement planning
- Life insurance coverage
What we are looking for:
- Assists and prioritizes activities of daily living and other cares with the guidance and delegation of the RN.
- Obtains and records vital signs - temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, oximetry, and pain score; height/weight; intake/output; and records the information appropriately, accurately and in a timely manner with notification to the nurses as needed.
- Maintains knowledge and demonstrates competency in the use of patient equipment i.e., manual and automatic blood pressure machine, pulse oximeters, bladder scanner, restraints, electronic scales, gait belts, intermittent pneumatic compression stockings (SCD), heating pads, ice bags, wall suction set-up and Yankeur suction, placement of telemetry, mechanical lifts, bed scales, bed and chair alarms, and personal alarms.
- Assists with patient treatments such as repositioning, pre-operative hair removal and shower preps. Empties all drains and collection bags (except intracranial pressure monitoring drains [Becker] and chest tubes). Assists with, documents and records procedures - maintains oxygen rates; performs finger sticks for blood glucose monitoring; records chest tube levels; ambulates patients while maintaining tubes; performs specimen collections of stool, sputum, clean catch/24 hour urine
Why MercyOne Siouxland?
- Must have a high school diploma/GED or must be at least 16 years old and actively pursuing high school diploma.
- Must have successfully completed a 75 hour credit (or more) Nursing Assistant Program (Certified Nurse Assistant) from an accredited school, but does not need to be active on the Iowa registry, if no certificate, verification of employment as a C NA and must be state registerd.
- Maintains certification in B.C.L.S.
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a 238-bed regional center that provides residents in a 33-county tri-state region an entire continuum of preventive, primary, acute and tertiary healthcare services. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is home to the only Level II trauma center in western Iowa - one of only four trauma care facilities in the state to receive verification from the American College of Surgeons - and MercyOne Air Med, a regional helicopter ambulance service.About MercyOne and Trinity Health
We are MercyOne: a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping you and your community live your best life.
More than 20,000 colleagues strong, our care providers and staff make your health and happiness their highest priority, so you can get well-and stay well. With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne Siouxland is a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network spans 22 states, 94 hospitals and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.The MercyOne Mission Defines Us:
MercyOne serves with fidelity to the Gospel as a compassionate, healing ministry of Jesus Christ to transform the health of our communities.Our timeless values guide us:
MercyOne Cultural Beliefs Direct Us:
- Commitment to the Poor
Be ONE: I benefit from and strengthen MercyOne.
Personalize Care: Your experience. My responsibility.
Own It!: I own my actions to deliver our key results.
Improve Daily: I make improvements every day for those we serve including each other.
Innovate: I imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health.
MercyOne Siouxland and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal lawOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.